Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thought it'd be interesting to see what your pearls went through already lol. Mine fell ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

POST What your pearl went through!!

Advertisement

Thought it'd be interesting to see what your pearls went through already lol. Mine fell in a sink almost drowned but I saved it lol. Sucks it fell where the dirty dishes were, it got all nesty lol

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    My pearl hasn't been through anything I wont let it....
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

Langen no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I'd sooner lay my "manhood" on the line than my baby.

Dallas469 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E73B43
    Too much I have three this is my fourth one. Wow. If I told you that you would hate me and my gf. I will always get a new one its my phone of chose.

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D1276
    The first phone I had, I dropped and it fell flat back down. No physical damage, but the speaker never worked again. With the second one, the back cover has suffered the indignity of having a hole, about 2/3 the size of a dime, right over the speaker. . . and then the chrome area being painted black with model paint.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Mangled Pearl!

!(*&@^#$*&%!!!! Was in a hurry today and hopped out of the car quick forgetting the phone was on my lap. Somehow in this split second, I managed to not only step on the phone, but slide it along the rough asphalt with my foot. Of course it landed face down, and looks like someone took really rough sandpaper to it. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!
    I have insurance on it, but it's probably not worth paying the deductable for serious cosmetic damage like this. Any advice for me? I can live with the mangled keyboard alright, maybe see if I can get a new keyboard from bbrepairshop.com someday.
    There are, however, a couple choice gouges right in the middle of the screen. I hear the screen can be replaced, it's just very challenging and involves some sticky adhesive you have to get around. Has anyone replaced one yet? Anyone know where I can get one?

symtar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243552DE
    Mine fell off my lapped as I got out of the car on a rainy day.
    Live every day like it's your last cause it may be.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135
    Quote Originally Posted by Langen
    Yeah I'd sooner lay my "manhood" on the line than my baby.
    ok, I am protective of my BB as well, but DAMN! my manhood will never come before my BB LOL.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    My pearl took a good fall, as I was pulling out the drive way. I have an full body shield guard on it.... and when I picked it up, it was still in PERFECT condition.

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    !(*&@^#$*&%!!!! Was in a hurry today and hopped out of the car quick forgetting the phone was on my lap. Somehow in this split second, I managed to not only step on the phone, but slide it along the rough asphalt with my foot. Of course it landed face down, and looks like someone took really rough sandpaper to it. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!
    I have insurance on it, but it's probably not worth paying the deductable for serious cosmetic damage like this. Any advice for me? I can live with the mangled keyboard alright, maybe see if I can get a new keyboard from bbrepairshop.com someday.
    There are, however, a couple choice gouges right in the middle of the screen. I hear the screen can be replaced, it's just very challenging and involves some sticky adhesive you have to get around. Has anyone replaced one yet? Anyone know where I can get one?
    After I unsuccessfully removed the T-Mobile logo from my phone with a dremel, I've been on the hunt for a new housing. I have found a few "dummy" phones for $28 on ebay. I think that's the way I am going to go, that might be the best option for you as well.

I did the same thing to my revo sunglasses that you did to your phone! Not a fun feeling. Just the noise alone can make you sick.

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Thanks Budkleppe, I just zipped over to ebay and bought one: $18 w/ shipping! Now, I hope that I can actually dissassemble and interchange the parts--otherwise it'll just be depressing to have that shiny beautiful "dummy" next to my poor battered, but still working pearl.
    I'll let you guys know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    Thanks Budkleppe, I just zipped over to ebay and bought one: $18 w/ shipping! Now, I hope that I can actually dissassemble and interchange the parts--otherwise it'll just be depressing to have that shiny beautiful "dummy" next to my poor battered, but still working pearl.
    I'll let you guys know how it works.
    Where did you find it for $18 w/shipping!!! I need one! Did the seller have more than one, I'm hopping over there now!

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Quote Originally Posted by budkleppe
    Where did you find it for $18 w/shipping!!! I need one! Did the seller have more than one, I'm hopping over there now!
    Here's the seller:

ttp://myworld.ebay.com/cellenwo/ (put 'h' at beginning)

Doesn't look like they have any more right now, but there was another couple in their previous sales, maybe they'll get more. I sure hope it's actual pearl hardware and not just a plastic brick--I just jumped on it cause it was so cheap.

Just bought a dummy on ebay as well. Like you said, hopefully all the plastic is the same. I wonder if I should try to remove the operator logo on this one.....

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why does everyone take the tmobile logo off? The worst thing my pearl has been though was... May be the time it spent with its previous owner: it came to me with a scratch on the bronze bar on its back! I got a face shield for it though, and despite a few slips and falls its all good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast