Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by supraz 1) Coyote Ugly in Austin 2) Dizzy Rooster's bathroom 3) Dizzy ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: POST HERE PICTURES TAKEN WITH YOUR PEARL

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by supraz
    1) Coyote Ugly in Austin
    2) Dizzy Rooster's bathroom
    3) Dizzy Rooster (From Real World Austin)
    4) Dog in Austin
    5) Looking up at the hotel
    6) View from my room
    7) View from my room
    Wonderful post, should have been more of #1 though.

Ways to make money with your camera

I had this bet with a girl whom I was visiting. We got to talking about the Half and Half she was pouring in my coffee. She told me that a carton expires and goes bad about 10 days from the day one buys it in the store. I said "No, I get it at Safeway and the half gallon size has about a two month shelf life." And this was even though the date code says "sell by" the date stamped on the carton [I find the date code is more a use by date, especially dairy products]. I digress, forgive me.

She said I was delusional, no way that was true. So we "made it interesting" to the tune of a $10 bet.

Last night while I was at Safeway, pulled out the trusty Pearl, snapped a pic and just e-mailed the pic to her and told her to pay up on the bet.

Yes, there is money to be made with the Pearl camera. That camera is starting to pull its own weight.

I'm waiting for that exclusive photo that news media pay hundreds for. And one never knows, I might get something bigger which could sell for thousands.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    Well that's hideous. I will post in here if that is OK.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to embed the picture in my post. The html tag [img src="pic url"] didn't seem to work.

Golden Gate Bridge

Golden Gate Bridge this morning about 10:00 a.m. while on my bike ride.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Post here - Pictures taken with your Pearl

Unedited...from Siegfried and Roy Secret Garden at the Mirage.

I gotta get my hands on that Adobe SW...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    Unedited...from Siegfried and Roy Secret Garden at the Mirage.

I gotta get my hands on that Adobe SW...
    Wonderful pic. Thanks for posting and keeping my thread alive.

Go on eBay and get that Adobe PhotoDeLuxe Business Edition that I mention.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    I'm on it already!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    I'm on it already!
    Make sure it is the "Business Edition" and NOT the "Home Edition." The Home version is not as comprehensive.

Also, if you get it, I can e-mail you a 760k file that Adobe issued years ago, I think it simply had something to do with making it work with XP.

Update: Here, I put the file on my server. Simply download and AFTER you install Adobe PhotoDeluxe, simply click the update and it will install.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/parser.exe

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

about 7:00 p.m.; no adjustments.

i think it came out pretty well, especially for being dark out.

IMG0031.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    about 7:00 p.m.; no adjustments.

i think it came out pretty well, especially for being dark out.

IMG0031.jpg
    Most impressive for a night shot. Description please.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Cleveland Browns v. New York Jets game last night.

CLEVELAND FINALLY WON!!

I was pretty impressed with the pearl's performance at night.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Wonderful pic. Thanks for posting and keeping my thread alive.

On the Business Edition of PhotoDeLuxe, this guy's auction has a good description of the program. I'd see if I could get it cheaper than his auction though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-PhotoDelux...QQcmdZViewItem

With Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition software, you can quickly customize photos and add them to sales and marketing materials. It's a snap to touch up and repair photos and add special effects, plus you get hundreds of professionally designed templates for instantly creating Web banners, stationery, flyers, and other promotions. Guided Activities lead you step by step from start to finish, and an intuitive interface lets you take advantage of the powerful editing tools in Advanced mode.

Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition supports the following file formats: PDD, PBD, PSD, BMP, RLE, GIF, EPS, FPX, JPEG, PCD, PCX, PICT, PNG, Targa, TIFF and WMF.

Business orientation

This product is packaged differently than the rest because it's geared to business rather than personal use. Because of this, however, additional options are offered with respect to what you can do with your images. These options, found under 'Projects', include templates for business cards, stationery, envelopes, direct mail cards, flyers, and other items. You can also create elements for your Web page.

Even if you don't have an immediate need for these capabilities, it's nice to have them on hand for future reference. Again, if you don't have a high-end graphics program available to you, this is a great alternative.

Is it easy to use? On top of the usual help files and tutorials, there are even little 'Clue Cards' that appear from time to time to help guide you through the various activities. These cards can be disabled but I found them useful.

Organization

The photo gallery, in this case, is called the EasyPhoto Organizer. When you acquire an image from another source, you are required to save it with a .PDD extension and rename it and then it is automatically saved to your EasyPhoto Organizer. When you open the images in your file, they are then displayed along the left hand side of the screen in a holding area and you can simply drag them from there into the working area. There, you can send, resave or manipulate your images. It is also possible to import a .PDD (image only, not a project) into another application, such as CorelDRAW or Adobe Photoshop, where it can be edited like any other image.

Tools

There are many image manipulation tools available in this package and they are set up in a pleasing visual display with little self-explanatory icons which appear at the top of the page in conjunction with each heading. These include: Get and Fix Photo, Special Effects, Projects, Internet, Send and Save, and Advanced. Under Advanced, you'll find an array of the most frequently used graphics tools including different kinds of fills, feathering tools, a pencil tool, blur, neon, cloud texture, and many more. With these tools, you can easily produce a wide range of professional effects.

As you can see, PhotoDeluxe is not just an image library. It lets you produce some attractive and professional projects without the cost, training and system overheads that come with the big, professional graphics applications.

Online resources

One thing that I really like about PhotoDeluxe is the Retrieve button under Projects/Business that connects to the Adobe Web site (to get access for PhotoDeluxe Business resources on the Web, you must have Internet Explorer 4.0 and have Web access through an Internet Service Provider. "PhotoDeluxe Business cannot connect to the Web on its own"). Check back regularly for new projects and activities you might find useful in your day-to-day use of the application. Good deal or what? Keep in mind, though, that the posted activities change periodically. So, if you see one that you think you may want in the future, download it now, in case it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Cleveland Browns v. New York Jets game last night.

CLEVELAND FINALLY WON!!

I was pretty impressed with the pearl's performance at night.
    Here is a quick edit with my Adobe PhotoDeluxe. What happened to all the people on the field?

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-30-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast