Ok all I was having a serious issue with the "dead air" problem. I first ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Possible fix for dead air issue....

Advertisement

Ok all I was having a serious issue with the "dead air" problem. I first updated my phone (which i had no problems with) to .103 on the 15th and everything was fine until Sat night when I started to have the dead air problem that others have also been experiencing. by sunday afternoon it was so bad that I couldn't even get to the point where the other party would answer before I had the dead air.... so here is what i did

1- I backed up my pearl through DM... just incase
    2- I RESTORED the backup that was done just before my .103 update (on mine it said it was pre .103 i did not manually do that so i am assuming it did it when i clicked on backup while upgrading)
    -note i did not wipe or downgrade the pearl... only restored... and I am still running .103

once the restore is done... that is it!
    I have not had a dead air call since i did this sunday afternoon... also others were reporting to me that when they called me before (since the .103 upgrade) sometimes it would go straight to voicemail.. I did not hear a ring. I have not had this complaint since restoring.

this worked for me... i do not know if it will work for everyone... but it is worth a try!

Edit: clarifications
    Last edited by smomus; 08-21-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    SMO ;-)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Possible fix for dead air issue....

So did you did you downgrade or just restore? So are you still running .103?

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

No I just restored... I am still running .103
    SMO ;-)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

oh cool...nice find smomus.

I'm thinking someone at RIM just wrote some bad code in the US release. Hopefully they find it.