I'm obscenely dependent upon my Pearl! I need help! This morning, I noticed the trackball ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StephOfOz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F6772D

Question Possessed Pearl!! HELP!!!

Advertisement

I'm obscenely dependent upon my Pearl! I need help!

This morning, I noticed the trackball was starting act strange. I could scroll but I could select with the ball. I thought I better go to the thread to clean the ball. Well, I get busy at work and before I realize it, Pearl is doing it's own thing! I scroll the trackball and it makes its own selection. Then it makes its next own selection. It goes to my contacts, my options, my contacts again, opens somebody up, closes the contacts and now it's just sitting here opening up a contact, turning the screen off, then turning it own about 20 seconds later, then getting out of the contact, back in repeat...

To me, I think the Devil's possessed it or something is stuck in my trackball but I don't know why it's still selecting stuff on it's own.

I'm with ATT and they don't have a warranty for purchase on the phone. I have heard that RIM does. Is that true? I haven't a clue what's wrong with my phone and now I've got a hand tied behind my back!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: Possessed Pearl!! HELP!!!

RIM covers it's product for one year after date of purchase. As long as it has been less than that...your provider...in your case AT&T...should honor it. My trackball didn't click down anymore and TMO sent me a brand new one in 2 1/2 days. Have you tried to do a battery pull yet just to see if that helps? If it does, that normally would determine whether it was a software or hardware issue...keep us posted!

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

If your up to it click the link below, some great instructions from Reddog -

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

By the way when did you get your phone? I'm with ATT and I was able to switch my phone a few times within the 30 day warranty that they informed me of. As far as insurance I don't know , I never asked.
    Last edited by Ranz; 08-10-2007 at 02:46 PM.

StephOfOz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F6772D

I got it in April! I wish this happened in my first thirty days!

It finally calmed down. I pulled out the battery, pulled out the SIM card, put it back together, and it went back to normal.

Thanks for the link to the trackball and cleaning! I'm gonna have to get my husband to do that. I'll break something for sure!!

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Your Welcome, good luck!