Hi, I am using my BlackBerry Pearl as a tethered modem running Windows XP but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

abdool7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question port forwarding

Advertisement

Hi,
    I am using my BlackBerry Pearl as a tethered modem running Windows XP but I am having problems with port forwarding. When I do a port test on emule or utorrent, the test fails. My ISP told me that their port is 9201 but that does not work. The IP address my ISP gave me is 172.20.6.12, but the IP that shows up when browsing on the PC is 66.175.109.145 and if I check my IP using the handset, it shows up as 216.9.250.118.
    Can anyone tell me why the conflict with those IP addresses and how can I do port forwarding so that emule connects with a high ID and torrent applications work perfectly.
    The XP firewall and the BlackBerry firewall are turned off.
    Thanks
    Ron

Ombus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Q: Why is web browsing the only thing I can do? Nothing else works, not even MSN, ICQ, telnet, FTP.
    A: This is carrier-dependant. Some people can use telnet and FTP over BlackBerryModem just fine. However, you cannot do so with certian carriers. For example, by default T-Mobile and Cingular blocks all ports on their APN except for port 80, which prevents you from doing anything except web browsing. You have to telephone your carrier to add the appropriate data service to your plan (which may cost extra). You may need to manually override your DNS server.

See more here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...em-laptop.html
    Protecting mobile data with GuardMyPhone
    Join our mobile security forum here

abdool7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question port forwarding

how do I manually override my DNS server?