Ok, so the company I work for is young and we use POP3 email. Of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jfarr2008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question POP3 Issues

Advertisement

Ok, so the company I work for is young and we use POP3 email. Of course I have my MS Outlook set up receive and send my mail. When I have my Outlook open I receive my mail but my BB does not. When I have my Outlook closed I receive my mail on my BB and receive it on my Outlook once I get back to my workstation and open the app. Every once in a while, it's like my BB will beat my Outlook to the POP3 mail server and retrieve some emails even while Outlook is open, but for the most part when it is open I get nothing on the BB. What a pain! I realize POP3 has it's limitations, so I am open to any suggestions and/or other threads already addressing this issue. Thanks in advance.

BTW - This is my first thread! Very exciting times. "Long time listener, first time caller."

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: POP3 Issues

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is something that I have noticed too, if outlook is open the BB does not get the email, but one thing I do is set outlook to work offline when at the workstation so the emails get to the BB or maybe leaving the emails on the server instead of downloading to computer, that will let you get on both workstation and BB

PIN/ID
    Ask

I'm going to try that as soon as I get into work this morning. Let you know what I end up with. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    Ask

Solved! I was able to adjust my settings in Outlook to leave my messages on the server by going to "Tools", then to "Email Accounts" then selecting "view or change exisiting", clicking the "Change" button and then going to "More Settings" and finally to the "Advanced" tab and your settings are at the bottom under the heading "Delivery". Much thanks to Diaz.