Anyone know of a app that will allow streaming/playback of podcasts? I'm guessing that the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

podcasts on the pearl?

Advertisement

Anyone know of a app that will allow streaming/playback of podcasts? I'm guessing that the default media player would play the files if I downloaded them first, but its the new ones that come out while I'm away from my pc that I am after.
    Thanks in advance!

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: podcasts on the pearl?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: podcasts on the pearl?

No luck on this idea?

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    no app currently available for streaming media. some web pages have in-browser on-page playback, but there's no standard and oven temps vary.

as for manual download -

there is a device memory file-size limit of 2.86MB - any 'cast downloaded would need to be smaller than that.

http://weeklyradioaddress.com/WRA20070505.htm

this episode took about 5 or 6 minutes to download (1:44 and 1762k) and immediately played in the BB Media Player.
    i was able to save the file to the media card within the Music folder.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/61522

the embedding format of The Onion's daily news played from the page (the original .mp3 file is 0:45 and 386KB) which was likely allowed by the Browser Option Support Embedded Media selected.

without 3G speeds, downloading - much less streaming - would be painstaking and would consume many, many MB of data, and not every carrier's 'berry service offers unlimited data usage. aside from shorter 'casts (like above), this method isn't so handy.

i've read about some alternate review formats for podcasts, but i don't have intimate details of them. or links...

hopefully some of this was helpful.
    Last edited by penk; 05-12-2007 at 09:23 AM.