Hi guys! New to the forums...and a new Blackberry user as well, and I must ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NYDrummer no está en línea Stack level 1

PocketMac Malfunction??!!

Advertisement

Hi guys! New to the forums...and a new Blackberry user as well, and I must say, I'm lovin' it! Anyway, I have the Pearl and downloaded the latest version of Pocketmac, connected it directly USB on my mac and yes...it's recognized. The problem is, when syncing....the progress bar goes about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to completion....then it looks like it's hanging. I've left it plugged in for about an hour, until I canceled the sync. I know some have had sucessful syncs and some have not. Any ideas?

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: PocketMac Malfunction??!!

this may sound silly... but pocketmac will bring up separate windows if it's having a problem duuring sync, and unless you close those windows it will not continue the sync. the windows show up behind the main, which is weird. also, something can show up on the dock, and if you hide your dock like me, you have to look for it.

for example, when i clicked on "advanced preferences" for stickies, it seemed pocketmac was freezing. it wasn't, it just brought up a notification in the dock that i had to close before it would work.

maybe this is the problem?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi NYDrummer, welcome to pinstack. I dont have a mac, so I may not be very helpful, but this happened to me one time on my pc. There was a contact in my BB that was not formatted properly, so when the sync got to that contact it would freeze. I fixed the contact and now I can sync fine. Try what MM suggested first, seems more logical. Hope this helps you, let us know.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

NYDrummer, Welcome to PinStack.
    I'm in the same boat as cp1969, but if PocketMac works like Desktop Manager, then there are several thinks that can cause sync problems. Calender and contacts with attachments, invalid characters in the Event or Name fields, contacts with blank fields for names and company name.

But as cp said, try MM's suggestion first.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mm

you also might want to search the mac & blackberry forums, they've got a few threads on the latest pocketmac... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

mm

fancy moderatin'!

NYDrummer no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks gonna look into it and try your method. also, when syncing, is there some status icon or something that's supposed to occur on the pearl itself or it is only in the pocketmac?

mm

open pocketmac, then connect your bb to your mac. the pearl screen should display "connected to desktop" with a little cartoon image, either before or as soon as you click the pocketmac "sync" button.