Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey noobie here to the forums. Just wondering if anybody has tried to see if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DeeJaYsKiTT no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pocket DDR Anyone?

Advertisement

Hey noobie here to the forums. Just wondering if anybody has tried to see if the program, "Pocket DDR" works on the Pearl? You can find out about the requirements on a stepmania message board.

THanX! sorry, for posting this again, i didn't know if anyone would reply to the other one.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Pocket DDR Anyone?

I dont even know what that is lol. But if there is anything on this forum about that hit the search "Pocket DDR"

Glad to have u here, welcome

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution

Everyone is crazy over this and it is good exercise.

Bill

cclaw125 no está en línea Stack level 3

I heard that game was a fun way to exercise and get everyone involved.

I downloaded the RAR and upon extraction the files are all .JAR files. Maybe I'll try to convert them into a COD/ALX combo soon - if I can't find someone who has already done this. I'd like to see it on the Pearl.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    I downloaded the RAR and upon extraction the files are all .JAR files. Maybe I'll try to convert them into a COD/ALX combo soon - if I can't find someone who has already done this. I'd like to see it on the Pearl.

Bill
    That would be so awesome! I hope you can convert it into COD/ALX. I finally got it on my pearl, I had to post the jar file OTA by uploading it to a free webhosting site. Now i'm having tons of trouble getting to convert the files of the songs on that SM2SDF.EXE thing. All that happens when I start the game is it says it's "Loading...".

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJaYsKiTT
    That would be so awesome! I hope you can convert it into COD/ALX. I finally got it on my pearl, I had to post the jar file OTA by uploading it to a free webhosting site. Now i'm having tons of trouble getting to convert the files of the songs on that SM2SDF.EXE thing. All that happens when I start the game is it says it's "Loading...".
    I actually made an effort to get home and make the COD/ALX at lunch... It installed fine but I have the exact same problem that you are having. It asked me if I wanted to allow the application to access my local content, I answered yes and now its sitting at "Loading...".

I'll let you know if I get it working.

Bill

[EDIT]Just tried a battery pull and re-ran the application but still nothing. This time it didn't ask me if I wanted to access local content as I wanted to say No. I'm wondering if it is trying to access a forbidden folder on the device (like the root folder) that is causing it to not load?[/EDIT]

I actually made an effort to get home and make the COD/ALX at lunch... It installed fine but I have the exact same problem that you are having. It asked me if I wanted to allow the application to access my local content, I answered yes and now its sitting at "Loading...".

Bill
    Alright, thanx Bill

Bill

[EDIT]Just tried a battery pull and re-ran the application but still nothing. This time it didn't ask me if I wanted to access local content as I wanted to say No. I'm wondering if it is trying to access a forbidden folder on the device (like the root folder) that is causing it to not load?[/EDIT]
    Well I'm pretty sure that the folder it's trying to locate is "X:/Pocket DDR/Songs/..." It should be a folder next to the "blackberry" folder on the media card.
    Also, I read that you need 2 song files in order for the program to work. It won't work with only 1. But i'm still having trouble trying to convert the song files. Do you have any .sm files? I've got tons.

possibly the 2 files is the problem. But like you said "X:/Pocket DDR/Songs/..." I'm thinknig is the problem. I've tried placing folders all over my media card and guessing the folder structure with no success.

I've decompiled the JAVA classes but haven't really studied them enough yet to know exactly whats going on. I'm guessing that the program is trying to access a protected folder on the phone and is causing it to blow up. I downloaded a few songs and also Step Manager program (or something like that). It generates step files.

Let me know if you have any further success.

Bill

Well, i sent the developer a message over on youtube. he hasn't gotten back to me yet on my second question, which is the one we're both having. But i'm pretty sure the location of the files it tries to locate is in "X:/Pocket DDR..." because if you read the readme file it gives examples about "Cool Song". I've already made the folder and placed it on the media card, but I'm puzzled about that converting program. .SM files won't work, which is why you need to convert them to that .SDF format along with the background image, banner, and the mp3 file. And about the "Step Manager"? i'm not sure what that is? You could go to www.flashflashrevolution.com and download a couple of simfiles. I'll keep you posted though.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I would love this on the pearl. Please post if you get it to work!

Thanks,
    GP

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

zomg! keep us informed!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I found a DDR game actualy.

http://www.bplay.com/item/DDR

6.95$

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

DDR doent work that well b/c the pearl keys kinda move side to side a bit i tired playing it but it never grew one me Kaglom 4 life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast