Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know how to take the option to make "emergency call" off while the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JohnRutgers no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pocket Called 911?

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to take the option to make "emergency call" off while the pearl is locked. Had phone for a day and it already called 911 by mistake. This is huge issue and a the only reason I dislike candy bars.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Pocket Called 911?

John, I have seen this question asked before, and I have never seen that it is possible. I do not think the manufacturers are legally allowed to make it an option to disable emergency calls

ceverhart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0514

I dont know how to remove it, but I feel your pain. I had my 14 month old daughter call the cops while it was locked. Think she told them I was abusing her, not giving her cookies or something.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by ceverhart
    I dont know how to remove it, but I feel your pain. I had my 14 month old daughter call the cops while it was locked. Think she told them I was abusing her, not giving her cookies or something.
    Ummmmm... That must have been fun.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JohnRutgers, Welcome to PinStack.

I think that as stated above, there is no way to turn this off.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

eclipse30414 no está en línea Stack level 2

i dont think that there is a way but what i do is put it in standby mode...just hold down the mute button on the top for about 4 sec. and u can still recieve calls and to (unlock) it just push the mute button

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    John, I have seen this question asked before, and I have never seen that it is possible. I do not think the manufacturers are legally allowed to make it an option to disable emergency calls
    Not to disable emergency call, just to disable that list from the unlock screen.
    And no, it's not possible to remove it. I don't like it either.
    I've never played with it. Does it call 911 as soon as you click the "Make emergency call"?

ceverhart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0514

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Not to disable emergency call, just to disable that list from the unlock screen.
    And no, it's not possible to remove it. I don't like it either.
    I've never played with it. Does it call 911 as soon as you click the "Make emergency call"?
    No it says "are you sure you want to make an emergency call" or something like that. My phone still calls people or texts peoples while in my pocket. It's annoying.

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

yea i hate that about these kind of phones. didnt hear of a way to disable it.
    had the phone for a short while to not used to locking it, already called random ppl i certainly didnt want to talk !! grr
    guess i need 2 depete all numbers who dont want 2 be called by the inside of my bag or pocket.. oh thats almost everyone....
    but have to agree the MUTE button on top is great!

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2

As eclipse mentioned, I also use the "standby" mode. My phone is always in my pocket and I find the "standby" mode to be much easier to use and pushing a button, while in standby, doesn't flash the screen and wear the battery down while sitting in your pocket. Just hold the "mute" button on the top for 2 seconds and press the same button once to get it out. I am new to BB and absolutely love this feature!

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

ceverhart,

My phone was doing that for a while. I just did a battery pull and that seemed to help. I don't think the software was keeping my phone in lock. I have had no problems since then.

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by seedyburner
    ceverhart,

My phone was doing that for a while. I just did a battery pull and that seemed to help. I don't think the software was keeping my phone in lock. I have had no problems since then.
    You can still dial 911 with your phone is "locked", it's a safety thing so people don't panic and forget how to unlock a phone in an emergency or someone can still make a 911 call if it is password protected and you don't know the password. The odds of it happening, on accident, on a regular basic should be pretty slim as you would have to hit 9, 1, 1, send, send, but definitely possible when you are active and the phone sits in your pocket all day. But you can't dial anything in "standby" mode

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    You can still dial 911 with your phone is "locked", it's a safety thing so people don't panic and forget how to unlock a phone in an emergency or someone can still make a 911 call if it is password protected and you don't know the password. The odds of it happening, on accident, on a regular basic should be pretty slim as you would have to hit 9, 1, 1, send, send, but definitely possible when you are active and the phone sits in your pocket all day. But you can't dial anything in "standby" mode
    hmm well when u put it that way it does seems usefull if its protected. I guess u just have to deal with it. Fortunatly i dont keep pearl in my pocket often.
    My solution! Get a nice purse with the side pocket, ummm for the guys?
    Man Purse anyone?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

You cannot get the 911 option by accident in the standby mode, only the locked mode. Use that. Works great.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

JohnRutgers no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ u guys all rock, thanks for mute/standby tip. Def goin to use it from now on. This forum is great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast