Hey guys i upgraded to the new italy OS about 2 weeks ago, no problems ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

image0r no está en línea Stack level 1

PLZ HELP! Pearl is lagging and freezing

Advertisement

Hey guys i upgraded to the new italy OS about 2 weeks ago, no problems what so ever. Today i was running inside to school and it was raining outside. I got soaked, I pulled out my phone and was text messaging my girlfriend when all the sudden my predictive text wasnt working accurately. I pulled the battery.. restarted... And now when the phone boots up the trackball is not accurate, there is a 1 minute lag between selecting options, and the button next to the call button (between the ball) thinks its the dial button. I did not see any signs of water damage, however i think i few drops may have fallen on the keyboard. Any ideas? is it coincidental or did the water mess it up? Thanks..

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: PLZ HELP! Pearl is lagging and freezing

i would try that darn battery pull once more. the little rain drops 'shouldn't' have hurt it. if it keeps acting up, i'd try a wipe and reinstall of the OS. sometimes a fresh install does the trick.

image0r no está en línea Stack level 1

I may try the fresh install. I've been looking at the water damage threads.. the sticker next to the sim card wall is white.. the battery has 2 rows of red x's on them. I bought this phone like 15 days ago. I wonder if i can just take it to tmobile.. hrmm

rubuntu no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by image0r
    I may try the fresh install. I've been looking at the water damage threads.. the sticker next to the sim card wall is white.. the battery has 2 rows of red x's on them. I bought this phone like 15 days ago. I wonder if i can just take it to tmobile.. hrmm
    make sure though there are no sights of physical damage. also, back up your blackberry to pc through blackberry desktop program and fresh install the system.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

could just be damp...might want to let it dry a bit. Hairdryer on the coolest setting to help out maybe.

Water may have not gotten in the pearl but it still being next to wet clothes may not be the best for it.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~red rows of x's on the battery is normal it is not the liquid damage indicator. The one on the wall is.I would try reloading the os.