I Cnat Find Any Link To Download Os .101 For My At&t Bb Pearl Cna ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gilumbas no está en línea Stack level 2

Plz Help Me

Advertisement

I Cnat Find Any Link To Download Os .101 For My At&t Bb Pearl Cna Anyone Help Plx

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Plz Help Me

I can't find .101 anywhere...I thought that the latest version was 4.21.96?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the latestversion is tmobiles .107 and it works wonders, lol

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you do download version .107 all you have to do is delete the vendor.xml file off your computer, it pretty simple to do. All you have to do is go to the start menu on your desktop, and then search>for files and folders>type in vendor.xml and click search. And then delete that be-otch then "install", pretty simple

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Make sure that any previously downloaded OS is deleted off your computer.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

so if I have ATT as a provider and I want to use Tmobiles version,I can delete the vendor xml file and it will work...is that right?

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes sir.. The vendor file is specific to carrier.. If u delete that vendor file you can install tmo on att with no problem.. Also check that you have the latest version of the desktop manager.. Anyone know what that is? (not at my pc right now)

EDIT-
    http://tmobile.infospace.com/tmweb/%...px?deviceID=25 there ya go Dude.. the OS software and the latest desktop manager are there
    Last edited by klubhead; 10-07-2007 at 12:11 PM.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

The way it works is like this...all the phones run off the exact same programming so they attatch a vendor code to all the carriers...depending on which carrier you have the OS grants you access to your carrier specific functions (i.e. themes, ringtones, wallpapers, etc.) but the basics are still the same from phone to phone. By deleteing the vendor.xml file you're allowing your BB to recognize that there is a new OS ready to be installed on it and desktop manager will prompt you after you open it.

In order to make sure you get a good clean install you should first uninstall any old DMs and OSes from your system...remember to keep your back-ups otherwise you could lose lots of valuable information! Then install the newest DM first and attatch your phone...this should prompt you with a back-up option...if not make sure you back-up your phone again before you install any new OSes. Install your new OS and DM should prompt you (only after you delete vendor.xml) to upgrade to new OS...upgrading to new OS erases all data on phones unless you tell it to back-up your phone!

hope this helps...if you need more help just PIN me

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Wuts better about the new OS? I have the new DM...all that changes there is roxio pops up.....wuts different about the OS that would wanna make me upgrade?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah that's the next thing that I want to know. Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks for all the great info!I've never really changed provider OS before

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

There have been misc little bugs and tweaks in the earlier OS versions that have been gradually fixed over time.

If you had .101 I'd say there isn't much of a difference between .101 and .107, that I can read about. There is quite a difference between .94 and .107, however, most notably a faster operating speed. Something to consider.

Here is the walkthrough thread for how to upgrade your OS.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    ask

So the new OS doesn't come with any new feature to simply things...its just the same ol thing only slightly faster.....yeah, I could live without it.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

not true...they fixed a lot of bugs with calls like delays and echoes that millions of people were getting...it was a big issue but after .107 came out it was all fixed...they do a lot to them they may not tell you every nitty gritty detail but why not have the latest...some experience problems sending and receiving MMS and other compatability issues if the OS aren't the same (however this is a phone by phone issue it seems some experience it and others don't)

PIN/ID
    ask

i never experienced any of those problems. . . .i have the AT&T blackberry. ..and i bought it in march. . . i dont know whut OS i have, but i know everything works without a glitch. . . .maybe its just me. . . but if i find an OS with certain new features. . . ill download it. . . .as of now, i just dont wanna go thru the trouble of downloading sumthing that i may or may not need and might give me problems