i use 8100 4.2.0.42, then wipe my OS by JL_Cmder to update my OS to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tungsin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Pleasea help me fix my problem

Advertisement

i use 8100 4.2.0.42, then wipe my OS by JL_Cmder to update my OS to 4.2.1.66

but after wipe old OS, desktop manager disconnected with my BB, so i dont know what can i do ...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Pleasea help me fix my problem

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, make sure you're using Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1. Only DM 4.2 works with the 8100, and only 4.2 SP1 is DST 2007 compliant on machines with the OS patched for DST 2007 (and is also the only version RIM says works with Vista although 4.2 does too).

If you are using 4.2 SP1, and a reboot of your computer doesn't fix the problem, go to Add/Remove Programs and run a repair. Note that if you installed it and ran it as is, it may not be able to do that. Download 4.2 SP1 again, and EXTRACT it to a permanent location (I use C:\WINDOWS\Options\BBDesktop42SP1) and run BlackBerrySetup.exe from there - and leave it there! Uninstall any older versions of DM before installing.

Second, you're trying to install a TIM (Italian) OS on what I'd assume is a US phone. It's not the nationality that's the problem - each vendor's OS download is locked to only THEIR PHONE. Check out BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ for how to get around this problem.
    JerryD

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Tungsin. Let us know how you make out with this.