Hi All*, Well, after going through a complete mess by trying to upgrade to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Please, I need help on getting my DM working again

Advertisement

Hi All*,
    Well, after going through a complete mess by trying to upgrade to the 4.5 OS, I ended up having to get a NEW BB Pearl as the other crashed completely, causing a 507 error that not even BB Techs wee able to solve.

So, now I have a New phone, it works great, however, I am unable to get my Desktop Manager to work connect. I have done everything from trying to uninstall/reinstall, I have performed about three PC Restores, and now I still am not able to get the DM to connect, it says it's the 4.5 version )of Desktop Manager), but when the pin/password window pops up, it's blank and I can't enter the pin, thus no password to connect.

I really am at my wits end here, if ANY ONE can assist me in this, I will be grateful.
    My handled version is 4.2.1.107 (Platform 2.3.0.83)
    The Desktop Manager Version is 4.5.0.15

Please Help!
    Joey*
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am than be beloved for what I am not" - unknown
    8530! (OS V5.0) VZW

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    have you tried disaabling the password feature just for when you are tring to connect to the computer?
    I know you'd probably rather leave it enabled but it may help for now.

it really makes no sense that DM would be doing that. VERY ODD!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Thanks Lucifer,
    I think I may have said that wrong. I am talking about the pop up when I connect to my pc via usb, it's the one that shows the pin, with the open space for a Pw underneath. It doesn't show the pin on top either.
    Unless, that is the one you are talking about? If so, how do I disable it?

Much Appreciated!
    Joey`
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

teemoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247E21AF
    Having the same problem. Installed 4.5 on my 8100, didn't like it, so I put 4.2 back on. Now, my desktop manager will not see my blackberry.

I have uninstalled DM, reinstalled DM, and done a system restore, but it just won't see the blackberry. Tried plugging the 8100 into other computers, and it comes up, just not on the one I did the initial upgrade.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    OOPS!

joey,
    I re-read your first post and I think I must have assumed that you had your password on your phone was enabled.
    (if that is the case disable it and hopefully that will get that box to stop popping up)

ok if you don't have password protection enabled on your phone the only other thing I can recommend is get the older version of DM
    I was 4.3 for just about everything and it has given me far less problems then DM 4.5 (especially on and older slower computer)

I hope that some of this is helpful. we'll figure it out man!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey