Hi Guys Have a 2gb Media Card in my Pearl 8100. Just started to transfer ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blondini no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help With Media Card Problem

Advertisement

Hi Guys

Have a 2gb Media Card in my Pearl 8100. Just started to transfer mp3's onto media card from computer, when computer froze. I disconnected phone from PC. PC remained frozen, so I had to restart.

Went to phone, turned off and on. Went to media card in advanced options, and said it was in use., even though it was not connected to computer. Took battery out and media card, and re-inserted. Now phone says media card not inserted. Tried taking card out again with no luck. What have I done, and how can I fix.

Please help

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Please Help With Media Card Problem

Hi I am sorry to hear you have problem. In all probabilities the card has become corrupt and all your data lost. If yo have a separate card reader, insert the card in the card reader and connect it to your computer and reformat the card. This will erase your data but will save ,hopefully, your 2gb card.
    Take the battery out of your pearl and leave it for at least 15 seconds and insert it back still with no card in it. See if the telephone is functioning properly. If it does without freeze or hickups then turnit off and insert the media card and start afresh. I hope this helps you.
    All the best

blondini no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks. Thought as much. New card so lucky no data to loose. Have reader at work, so will have to try tomorrow. Have kept trying to get phone to regonise card so I could re-format. Computer sees Blackberry, but wont see card.

Thanks again

neog12 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi my spec's state max of 1g will be interested to see if 2gb works?