Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am using 4.3 operating system, I have a pearl 8130 through sprint. I cannot ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

irieied no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help with app loader for pearl 8130

Advertisement

I am using 4.3 operating system, I have a pearl 8130 through sprint. I cannot get any apps to load onto my phone!!! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thanks

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    what problems are you encountering? can you explain a little more of what is causing you issues. are you trying to load themes, games, or other 3rd party apps?
    regards
    cHAd
    Last edited by thechadj; 04-18-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: additon
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

It is saying no known apps are found for you device!! Yes Im trying to load themes, games and or 3rd party apps. Thanks for your time

Have you downloaded the latest software for your 8130 to your computer yet?

Ya I have 4.3, are you talking about the desktop manager?

Actually I am talking about your phone software. The computer needs to have a version of it on your computer in order for it to recognize what apps are suitable for your device. I am going to send you to this link where azstar was able to solve this same issue for a fellow stacker. Have a read on it and try and follow. I am sure that this tread will be a tool that will lead you to success.
    post back and we can see where we can help you out from there.

**(scroll half way down the page to the post starts "OK first...")

good luck!
    cHAd

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._themes-2.html
    Last edited by thechadj; 04-18-2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: spell

Thanks man Ill try it

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thank you to I was having the same problem too. I have been able to download pts just fine but not everythingis pts.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you all get things loaded up?
    Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No, they are sayig that version 4.3, or 4.3 does not work for the pearl 8130! I tried the 4.0 and that didnt work either!!! What the hell is the matter with me? Or this phone?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Version 4.3 of what????

Let me know a few things and I'll try to help you out.

1. On your BB, go to Options, about and tell me what OS version you are running, for example I have 4.3.0.81

2. Who's your carrier? OK I saw the 1st post says Sprint

3. On your computer....go to Control Panel then to Add/Remove programs....tell me how many there are for blackberry and exactly what they are named...
    Last edited by azstar; 04-19-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: saw 1st post says sprint is carrier
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

OK, in post number 5 you mention the desktop manager, but did you get a chance to download the device/handheld software too? In order for the application loader to work, you need to have both the desktop manager and the handheld/device software on your PC. In my last post here, question number 3, if you only have one listed there for Blackberry and it says Desktop software, then the problem is the lack of the handheld OS.

Here's a link:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

Select and download the one that says 8130 handheld software. When it asks you if you want to save it or run it, choose run. Once that has finished downloading and is executed/running on the PC, you will be able to add applications with the desktop manager.

If you still have trouble, just post the area where you are getting stuck and exactly what the problem or error message is and someone will help you out.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Fantom1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, in post number 5 you mention the desktop manager, but did you get a chance to download the device/handheld software too? In order for the application loader to work, you need to have both the desktop manager and the handheld/device software on your PC. In my last post here, question number 3, if you only have one listed there for Blackberry and it says Desktop software, then the problem is the lack of the handheld OS.

Here's a link:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

Select and download the one that says 8130 handheld software. When it asks you if you want to save it or run it, choose run. Once that has finished downloading and is executed/running on the PC, you will be able to add applications with the desktop manager.

If you still have trouble, just post the area where you are getting stuck and exactly what the problem or error message is and someone will help you out.
    Doesn't desktop manager come with a copy of the os that is loaded on your phone from RIM?

Nope not usually. It didn't for my 8130, and one of the mods, cherrichiodo wrote up a how to thread for people getting the "No additional applications for your device were found" issue, which is an issue because the CD typically does not come with the handheld OS, just the Desktop Manager.

Here's cherrichiodo's link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ere_found.html

Also see this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2049053193
    Twitter? My Apps List

Fantom1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    My phone wiped today, and the RIM rep that helped me over the phone said that the os we put back on my phone was from the cd with dm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast