Hello can someone please help me? for some reason my blackberry pearl keeps flashing a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zune no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help!! pearl wont come on!!

Advertisement

Hello can someone please help me?

for some reason my blackberry pearl keeps flashing a white screen with a hour glass...and the red LED light flashing on and off....

i have tried everything...a battery pull... leaving it out for over an hour

and just turning it off for a couple hours...

i dont have a regular land line phone..so i cant call cingular customer service unless i go over someones house... please help...any feedback would be greatly appreciated..thanx again

also my aim and yahoo messenger name is sgoree26 if you can help IM me

Re: Please help!! pearl wont come on!!

someone please help!!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

what were you doing right before it crashed?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

zune, I've very sorry to hear about this...
    first I am not sure what the flashing LED means... I've searched google quickly and see everyone suggests doing a wipe of the device and reloading the handheld software onto it. You did not fill out your profile so I cannot give you the URL to download the appropriate software, but you can go here and find your carrier: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

from there it should give you a drop down menu, select the Pearl (or 8100) and download the handheld software it offers you... (hopefully you already have the Desktop manager installed). Install the new download(s), open Desktop manager, connect the BB (you will need to remove the battery for it, then once it starts to do the process you can re-insert the battery), and run Application Loader. It should let you wipe/reload the OS and get you back up and running - but do you have a recent backup of the data on your device?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

i was on the phone...then i put it down for a minute...came back to it...and now its acting all crazy...it wont turn off or turn on...juss an hourglass and a flashing red LED light

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by zune
    i was on the phone...then i put it down for a minute...came back to it...and now its acting all crazy...it wont turn off or turn on...juss an hourglass and a flashing red LED light
    ah, did you pull the battery and see if it resets itself? Try that first
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

ok im downloading from the site now...thank you for taking the time to help me out...hopefully this works...the blackberry i have is a recent replacement for the one i had...lucky i didnt send the old one back yet and i was able to use that phone to call cingular...but its late here and they told me to call warranty back in the morning...its weird that i can change the sim and the battery back to the old phone and its working fine minus my trackball issue( reason why i was sent a replacement ) but once i put the sim and battery in the replacement pearl..the screen is blank with the hourglass and they red LED light just keeps flashing..