Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So i'm having a problem with my 8110. I have at&t with a data plan ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

2005Srt-4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help (MMS Problems)

Advertisement

So i'm having a problem with my 8110. I have at&t with a data plan and can send mms's successfully but cannot receive them! Can someone lead me in the right direction. I just deleted the event log or whatever so i don't know if that helps or not. Thank you for your time whoever can help me

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It could be so many things but first i would go into a store/call cust svc and make sure you have either a mms ppu(pay per use) soc on there. It gets deleted many times when adding a data pkg and not readded. If that won't work call them and have them transfer you to teir 2 techs. Theyare thebest hope and most knowledgeable about things like that!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well, with a data plan on ATT, you should be able to send and receive MMS with no problem!!

I would contact your provider, also take into consideration that the other person sending you the MMS should not send BIG files, those sometimes don't go through, I've experienced this before...

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    It could be so many things but first i would go into a store/call cust svc and make sure you have either a mms ppu(pay per use) soc on there. It gets deleted many times when adding a data pkg and not readded. If that won't work call them and have them transfer you to teir 2 techs. Theyare thebest hope and most knowledgeable about things like that!

Understandable, only, i could send and receive mms's on my ericsson w580i and all i did was put the sim card in this new blackberry that i got. I didn't transfer or add the data plan or anything.

AHHH!! There you go, no data plan, you're supposed to have a data plan for the blackberry to receive MMS (from what I understand)

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I didn't have a TMO data plan for awhile but i was able to receive MMS, but couldnt sent them.
    And even that was a shot in the dark. Sometimes it would load sometimes it wouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    AHHH!! There you go, no data plan, you're supposed to have a data plan for the blackberry to receive MMS (from what I understand)

Just looked it up. I have unlimited m2m sms and mms and 200 other.

Now what?

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I'd call your provider and run with what Bass said.

UPDATE: I just used my gf's blackberry pearl 8120 and sent myself an mms and my phone showed the two arrows a couple of times, signifying it was receiving something, yet nothing happened after that. Tried this twice. Maybe this can turn a light bulb on in somebody's head.

200, Try a battery pull, you NEVER know!! it may just help...

200, Try a battery pull, you NEVER know!! it may just help...

This wont damage the phone at all? And by that do you mean pull it out half way through receiving the mms or just pull it out right now while its on?

You may also, just in case, want to check your firewall setting.

Go to: Options>Security Options>Firewall - Check to make sure you're MMS isn't blocked

While it's on, just pull the battery out, wait about 30 seconds, put it back in, let it boot up, and re-try

And NO, this will not harm the phone at all, I do a battery pull at least twice a week for memory leaks and phone lag......you'd be surprised how much a simple battery pull can fix

While it's on, just pull the battery out, wait about 30 seconds, put it back in, let it boot up, and re-try

And NO, this will not harm the phone at all, I do a battery pull at least twice a week for memory leaks and phone lag......you'd be surprised how much a simple battery pull can fix

Did the pull, retried, and same thing. My phone showed the receiving symbol twice and then stopped. I'm stumped. I guess i can call AT&T but i dont know if they will help me because i'm not on the phone they think i am. I got the pearl for free from a friend. They can still help right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast