okay here is the problem i have alot of songs(.mp3) on my computer n i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

desithug4lyfe no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Please help...media issue

Advertisement

okay here is the problem i have alot of songs(.mp3) on my computer n i usually download new ones and put it onto my pearl. yesterday i downloaded several and i put them onto my pearl and everything was fine. i go to media and then media card and all i see was Myusaic~.mp3 and all the files with simpler names they all had the ~ either on the front or end. then i see all the other mp3 songs i had they also were transformed like that. can you guys please tell mee why this happend?

greg486 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Please help...media issue

My question to you is this, what version of the BB OS do you have running? Mine runs 4.2.1.107 and it is fine i can have up to 256 characters on mine. How to find out which follow these steps: from the home screen push the menu button, go to options, then inside of options you should see About, here it will tell you what version you are running. If you are running earlier than this ie. .74 or lower I suggest upgrading. Also another question would be did this only start happening today or has this been happening from the beginning?
    And to answer your question, the OS is reverting your long file names to concatenated 8 char names like DOS does.

mine says 4.2.1.101 is dat ok?

it started hapening like a few days ago
    Last edited by desithug4lyfe; 10-08-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged.

greg486 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, that version should be fine.

how did you transfer them? Via desktop manager or by windows explorer? and also did you say yes to the question to "optimize performance" just before the transfer began? In the older versions of desktop manager this happens, atleast it did for me.
    Last edited by greg486; 10-08-2007 at 09:09 PM.

well i tried by both ways desktop n explorer//

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Same thing happened to me once on my Pearl. I actually already had them stored on my SD and had to reboot my computer. Well I did this while my BB was connected and all of a sudden at the black screen it started reading some of my MP3s in my folder for Disturbed. Once the reboot was done alot of my files had their names changed similar to the ones you showed. That was me viewing them from the PC, I couldn't view my Media Card on my BB. So I deleted my Disturbed MP3 folder and I could view it again. My guess was the reboot corrupted those files. So is it possible you got your MP3s from a non-trusted source. This is a guess of mine, not stating dogmatically thats what it is...

Can you listen to the MP3s? If you can just rename them. If not then ??? Corrupt?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!