ok so heres the deal, i got a pearl a few days ago. its cool ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paradox1027 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Please Help Me

Advertisement

ok so heres the deal, i got a pearl a few days ago. its cool and all. and it had it on 4.2 for like a day, which is when i downloaded IM folder. next day i dloaded 4.5 and did it, but colorpearl wasnt working, i thought it was the bb so i backed it up, wiped it then restored it but i dont know what happened but now all the like apps i had are gone i cant dload the IM folder with the 4 IM servers, it says it can only be used by 8100 cant recognize my phone. etc. so is there a super master reset so it is like i just got it, or a way to go back to 4.2, or undo 4.5 and get the IM folder that had AIM, MSN, ICQ, and YAHOO? please help or should i send it back for a new pearl, cuz i got mine like 3 days ago? please help.

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you are SURE you want to wipe your Pearl, go into Options-Security Options-General Settings, hit the menu button. You should see the option to wipe your handheld there. If that doesn't work for you, search for and download JL Commander. Use it with care, it can completely wipe your OS if that's what you want.
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    you can also use crackmem to "Brick" your phone
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...4&d=1220147735
    chould take you right there.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by paradox1027 View Post
    ok so heres the deal, i got a pearl a few days ago. its cool and all. and it had it on 4.2 for like a day, which is when i downloaded IM folder. next day i dloaded 4.5 and did it, but colorpearl wasnt working, i thought it was the bb so i backed it up, wiped it then restored it but i dont know what happened but now all the like apps i had are gone i cant dload the IM folder with the 4 IM servers, it says it can only be used by 8100 cant recognize my phone. etc. so is there a super master reset so it is like i just got it, or a way to go back to 4.2, or undo 4.5 and get the IM folder that had AIM, MSN, ICQ, and YAHOO? please help or should i send it back for a new pearl, cuz i got mine like 3 days ago? please help.
    You can simply delete the 4.5 os from your computer, download the original OS that was on your phone to you pc. Then when you hook your bb to your desktop manager it will ask if you want to downgrade.

There should be no need to wipe the phone. A wipe using the option on the bb in security will only wipe your personal data and your 3rd party apps(if you select that option), not your OS. A wipe with JL_Cmder will literally wipe the device of everything including the OS but is not at all necessary at this point.

The downgrade should work just fine. Post back if you need more help

Just a note, colorpearl won't work with 4.5, many other apps will not either. It will take time for developers to get everything working with the new OS and some may never get upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You can simply delete the 4.5 os from your computer, download the original OS that was on your phone to you pc. Then when you hook your bb to your desktop manager it will ask if you want to downgrade.

There should be no need to wipe the phone. A wipe using the option on the bb in security will only wipe your personal data and your 3rd party apps(if you select that option), not your OS. A wipe with JL_Cmder will literally wipe the device of everything including the OS but is not at all necessary at this point.

The downgrade should work just fine. Post back if you need more help

Just a note, colorpearl won't work with 4.5, many other apps will not either. It will take time for developers to get everything working with the new OS and some may never get upgraded.
    thanks alot i did it and it works. but question why is colorpearl retarded on my phone when i do 4.5? is there a problem at my phone?

The problem is that colorpearl isn't compatable with 4.5.

Nothing wrong with the bb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oh sowere can i get colorpearl for 4.5?

Nowhere!

Nobody has made a version of it to work with 4.5

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you should be able to reinstall the I'm stuff straight from application loader. When you goto application loader go through the steps and at the screen where it shows you what is loaded on the phone scroll down. You should see yahoo MSN and all those hit the check boxes and you should install them.

ok well thanks guys, i was so sad, but now im happy yay!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Glad to hear you are happy
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nowhere!

Nobody has made a version of it to work with 4.5

I'm pretty impressed with people's patience on PinStack. So different than how some people can be on some of the auto and motorcycle boards.
    There are so many threads where the answers are provided before the questions lol. It's pretty admirable and I'm glad to have found this site

~via BB 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~