Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a holux 236, a pearl, and mapquest navigator. With BB maps and google ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlovingit no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Please help. Mapquest wont connect to holux.

Advertisement

I have a holux 236, a pearl, and mapquest navigator. With BB maps and google maps the holux works fine but mapquest doesn't seem to recognize it. My settings for the holux are trusted "yes" and encryption "no" and I have tried other settings, but to no avail. I have not found any bluetooth setup options in mapquest itself. I have tried pairing before reinstalling MN and battery pulls. When I check "my location" I get this message: Poor GPS signal, unable to determine current location, the same message that I get without the holux paired. What am I missing? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Thanks

Joshua
    Last edited by jlovingit; 07-06-2007 at 02:16 PM.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Please help. Mapquest wont connect to holux.

i have not heard of anyone using mapquest. personally if it works with bb maps or google maps, just one of those apps. google maps is always coming out with updates too.

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

mapquest blows Google maps away, however, mapquest does have issue pairing with my holux 240 also. Don't know what secret to pairing is but I usually pair up with BB maps or Beyond 411 then after the blue light starts blinking I fire up mapquest. When google starts adding turn by turn voice I'll go back for driving otherwise I only use google for sat view.

Yeah me too, I like google but I want turn by turn in my earpiece. I still have had no luck with it yet. I have heard some say that they use it but the never mentioned this much hassle.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Hey all i have had issues pairing my Holux 240 also.

but here is what i did...
    ensure that the Location Based Services under settings is set to recieve your Holux

then ensure that the mapquest app is NOT running... turn on the 240 (or what ever) and ensure that it is hooked to the satlights (on the 240 it is when the sat light is blinking, i don't know about any others) then and only then start the mapquest app and it should take about 15-30 seconds connect to one another.

Hope this helps
    SMO ;-)

Well now it works. I haven't even changed anythingand now it works. I'll just chalk it up to gremlins. Thanks for the replies.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

lol gotta love it when that happens... especially when you are fixing someone elses 'problems' happens to me all the time when my grandma has issues with her computer... hehe
    SMO ;-)

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

Quote Originally Posted by smomus

ensure that the Location Based Services under settings is set to recieve your Holux

then ensure that the mapquest app is NOT running... turn on the 240 (or what ever) and ensure that it is hooked to the satlights (on the 240 it is when the sat light is blinking, i don't know about any others) then and only then start the mapquest app and it should take about 15-30 seconds connect to one another.

Hope this helps
    I'm trying to pair a Freedom Mini GPS on a pearl with Mapquest Navigator. Where the hell is this location based services setting on the pearl, exactly????

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

cochese - are you just having pairing issues?
    that would be located under the BT setup

ps. the pearl will not have a location bases services menu - since it doesn't have GPS
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 08-22-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    cochese - are you just having pairing issues?
    that would be located under the BT setup

ps. the pearl will not have a location bases services menu - since it doesn't have GPS
    I'm having tons of issues.

I just wiped this POS with JL_Cmder. Reloading 4.2.0.71...

It paired fine. BB Maps and Google maps all worked fine with it. I got Mapquest to work once after I downgraded from 103 to 101 and initially removed Yahoo Go, Infospace Findit and Google Maps.

I got excited then went to Google Maps OTA site, downloaded and installed it, then went to use Mapquest again and no sat function. Went into BB Maps and removed my Freedom Mini as the GPS because I figured there may be a GPS/BT conflict between the GPS progs trying to resource the puck.

I screwed something up good, because although the puck was paired, it would no longer connect to BBM, Google OR Mapquest.

I got pissed off and wiped the bastard after backing it up with the DM.

Reloading the .71 OS now... Then going to try and remember how to install Mapquest and see if it works.

Grrrrr...!!!!!

I mentioned the LBS because the guy above that mentioned changing the setting has a pearl. I wonder WTF he is talking about if there is no LBS setting on the pearl?

I'm tired.

backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't get Mapquest Navigator to work with my AT&T Pearl and Holux 240 either. Never locates satelites. Would really like to get it working!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by smomus

Hope this helps
    This works for me. And I usually start the bluetooth on pearl before I start mapquest (or any other map software) also.

backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    This works for me. And I usually start the bluetooth on pearl before I start mapquest (or any other map software) also.
    I tried that too but mapquest sats never get acquired. How do I access the "land based services"?

amigo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C401AE

Thanks folks! I just got the Holux 1000 and this thread just saved me many an hour of fustration. Nice to have gps; no thanks to verizon!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RS4
    RS4 no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a voice turn bi turn~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast