alright so for some reason my phone keeps dying! i know sounds stupid and your ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

killix no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down PLEASE HELP!!! ( i havn't seen this one yet)

Advertisement

alright so for some reason my phone keeps dying! i know sounds stupid and your probably like "have you tried charging it...that always seems to work for me" but hear me out. Ok so twice ive been on the road a few hours from home and my phone has just DIED! the first time i was kind of sceptical because i HAD been using the internet and aim quite alot, but it had always lasted me before and it's still fairly new. But it just died and i was almost positive i had atleast 40% left! i did a battery pull, kept trying to turn it off an on, and finally, after i took the battery out for a little bit it turned on long enough to reboot and tell me my battery was dead! and today it did the SAME thing!!! and i had BARELY used it today! anyone have any ideas or know how to fix it or have had the same problem? PLEASE let me know! this is really starting to gut punch me because i love using my pearl when i've got nothing to do and it DIED! please and thanx

p.s. i have the OS upgrade

scampbell185 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24210A68

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! ( i havn't seen this one yet)

if you do an upgrade to your OS this will fix the problem. I had a short battery life to in the beginning until I did the upgrade now I can watch a movie and use it all day.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

sounds like the batt is at the end of it's life. I would go so far as to say it was defective from day 1.
    take it back to where you bought the phone and get a new one.
    thats my guess
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I'd say go get a replacement battery because if you hardly used the phone and it still crapped out I'm not convinced that is something that'll be fixed by the OS update. The Cingy OS update does take a normal lasting battery and make it last longer though. Good luck and let us know what happened.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you're looking for an all in one fix of new battery, longer battery life and a new battery door with speaker hole. I would do the seidio package. I mean, just an oem battery will cost the exact same as their package. Just my 2 cents.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

New pearl ? sounds like a dud battery.

You should take it back and get a new batt or a new device.

Ya, I think I'm just going to buy a new battery because no one else seems to have had this problem before and I'm not too happy with the battery life it has now anyway. Thanx all for the advice!

PIN/ID
    STACK

how long have you had the pearl? If less that 14 days then get a new pearl! Back up your info and then get your new one and load it up and you're good to go with a new pearl! Unless that's too much of a hassle for you though. Best of luck killix!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

curious.. what theme are you using?

I experienced something similar while using some strange space age theme (it was black/silver with red fading color bar to show what reception I was getting). It killed my battery in under 6 hrs with barely any use.

PIN/ID
    STACK

oh yea i forgot you might wanna check what's running in the background. ALT+BACK button. Only 5 apps should be going BB messanger, Phone, Browser, Homescreen, and messages.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by killix
    alright so for some reason my phone keeps dying! But it just died and i was almost positive i had atleast 40% left! i did a battery pull, kept trying to turn it off an on, and finally, after i took the battery out for a little bit it turned on long enough to reboot and tell me my battery was dead! and today it did the SAME thing!!! p.s. i have the OS upgrade
    I called Tmobile today and now have a new battery coming because of the very same problem. I have no idea when it will happen, battery strength doesn't seem to matter, it's intermittent, with no apparent rhyme or reason. And when it does shut off, you HAVE to do a battery pull to get it started back up again, and even then sometimes that doesn't work right away. This is a battery that's maybe from last November. Could be September. I got a new battery sometime in Nov, after getting my Pearl last September, and never did mark them. But one thing the rep at Tmobile did say was that excessive use of the car charger will shorten your battery life quicker than using the home charger. And I will admit, I am really bad about using my car charger often. So, is that something you do also? Use your car charger quite often? I also have the OS upgrade.

I don't use a car charger and I received my phone during Christmas week so I've had the phone for a little bit. When it happens the battery pull never works and I was using a different theme than I was the first time it happened. Both times my battery should have been way over being dead.it's just strange

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Well, call your carrier whoever it is and tell them you have a battery issue. You should be able to get a new one, free of charge.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    Well, call your carrier whoever it is and tell them you have a battery issue. You should be able to get a new one, free of charge.
    I agree with mysmyrrh! Go get a new one, even if you do decide to go with the Seidco. You wanna have a working backup and it's the principal of you paid for it so you should have one that works. JMO of course.