Hi guys, I'm new here so be gentle with me! I recently got myself a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Twicenightly no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help! Can I use a UK Vodafone Pearl on O2?

Advertisement

Hi guys, I'm new here so be gentle with me!

I recently got myself a Blackberry 8100 Pearl. It was on Vodafone UK and I want to use it on O2 UK so I got it unlocked (I called Vodafone and they gave me an unlock code to enter).

I told O2 that I will be using it and they added "Blackberry Unlimited" to my account and it was activated a few days ago.

However, there are 2 problems

1) On the Pearl it says "Data connection refused" on the screen

2) On the website O2 website where you register your device, when you put in your PIN and IMEI it says "The information you have provided is not valid for this service provider"

I have spent days and days on the phone, backwards and forward between O2 and Voda and am having no luck getting it to work, I/we have:

- Made sure that the PIN and IMEI are completely removed from Vodafone

- Made sure everything is turned on on my account

- We cannot send service books to my pearl, as the network will not recognise it

- The Pearl has "gprs" (in lowercase) in the top right corner, sometimes it says "edge" too

The latest thing that O2 are telling me is that I will never be able to get this to work as the Pearl has Vodafone "base" software on it, this is true as when the phone boots up it comes up with a Vodafone screen and goes into the Vodafone Today theme. I have updated the Pearl with the latest firmware I can find too.

Can I overwrite this "base" software myself? I have downloaded the latest software from O2 but the desktop manager seems to ignore it?

Or will I have to just give up? Shame if so as I love the Pearl

Thanks in advance for any help!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Please help! Can I use a UK Vodafone Pearl on O2?

I had a 7100v which is. Vodafone phone which I used on 02. They did complain at the start but it had being released by Vodafone so no reason that I could not use it on 02. I think they are winding you up. Get on to tech support and get them to help.
    Based in Ireland
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DFlash no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Please help! Can I use a UK Vodafone Pearl on O2?

Have you configured the device properly? Do you have all the correct servers? I think the last poster was correct in that you should get a hold of someone in technical support.