Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there, recently my call button, my menu button, QW, ER, and TY, all of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

omarjiwa no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help, Buttons not registering?

Advertisement

Hi there, recently my call button, my menu button, QW, ER, and TY, all of a sudden dont register when i click them, they do register sometimes, but alot of the times they dont, i dont think it is the buttons because they are clicking fine and they arent jamming or anything. Went down tot he rogers store and they said to install the latest os, so i installed 4.2.0.79 or what ever it is and still no difference, iv never done that before so i dont know whats supposed to happen all my files are sitll on the phone and all. Im confused can someone please help me! this is really annoying and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could identify the problem. Also i have never spilled anything in the keypad and i rarely drop it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Please Help, Buttons not registering?

Have you tried the Battery Pull to reboot. Normally installing the OS would do this but I would give it a try anyway.

How long did it take to reload the OS?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Battery pull means pulling the battery when its on right, yeah i tried that, the os took about 3-4 minutes to install.. And nothing changed on the phone, is tehre anyway i can check on the phone wich OS im using, and i saw a thread for a new OS but im not sure if it will work with rogers. I really dont think its the buttons. Oh, and when i installed the new os, the phone didnt even reboot it just stayed the same didnt change at all.. is this normal

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That doesn't sound like it actually install the OS. A Device Software installation usually takes 20 minutes or more. Explain what steps you did to install the OS please.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

K, i downloaded a file from the rogers website, when it downloaded it saved as the name 8100M_PBr4.2.0_rel79_PL2.2.0.39_A4.2.0.67_Rogers. Then i plugged in my berry to the usb and opened it, it said a buncha stuff, loaded for like 5 minutes, and said it was finished, but nothing was different on my phone, didnt reboot didnt do anything, just stayed exactly the same, perhaps i am downloading the wrong os?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you execute the downloaded file you list above? Open Desktop Manager and then Open Help and About Desktop manager. Click on the Device Software tab. What is listed there? And to check what software is installed on the BB, hold the go to Options/About.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Hey rc, thanks for the help its really appreciated sorry if im annoying you, i just really wanna figure this out, uhm lemme check, K on the desktop manager it says 4.2.0.14 (Aug 27 2006), and that is under general, i click on the device software tab, and under device model it says v4.2.0.67. And now on the phone it says V4.2.1.94 (Platform 2.3.0.77).
    Also, do you think you could send me al ink to the newest os, im new to this so im not sure if it has to be the Rogers OS, if not can you direct to the newest one and show me how to install it? thanks alot man seriously i really appreciate it..

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can find the software download links from the BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. You're running the latest for Rogers, but you haven't installed it on your PC. Download the BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.148 package and execute the file after download is complete. It should install when you run Desktop manager App Loader but if it doesn't, let us know and we'll figure out what to do next.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Ok, im not too sure about this, K so im downloading that Software package. Now should i execute it when my berry is plugged it, or plug it in after i open it? And when do i open desktop manager im really confused.. sorry!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Download the file. Execute the File, Plug in your BB, Open Desktop manager. If it tells you, that updates are available select yes. If not open Application Loader. same thing about the updates. If nothing then come back and will try something else.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Ok, im not too sure about this, K so im downloading that Software package. Now should i execute it when my berry is plugged it, or plug it in after i open it? And when do i open desktop manager im really confused.. sorry!

kk its downloading at the moment, thanks alot again, do you think its the buttons, or just the software i really think its the os buttons work fine.

dannychau no está en línea Stack level 1

hey im having the same problem as omarjiwa, i've updated the latest software and the same buttons still dont register. Would i have to wipe my phone clean?

yaa its soo annoying man which of your buttons doesnt work.. same ones as me? if so are your buttons jamming or do they click fine, i wouldnt mind doing a whole phone reset but i really dont wanna lose everything althought i dont really care that much, i just wonder if that will fix it.

dannychau no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah its the exact same buttons as you, they work because when i press down on them the screen light turns on. Also when i scroll up on my trackball it types in "w,p,e". Its so annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast