please help my 8100pearl gives me a battery sign with a red slash, this occurs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

codedft no está en línea Stack level 2

Please help my 8100pearl gives me a half battery sign with a red slash

Advertisement

please help my 8100pearl gives me a battery sign with a red slash, this occurs sometimes before, but now it goes blank and when i try to put it on, it shows a half bar battery image with a red slash, after a while i remove the battery and try again it works now when i want to charge the phone it does this, sometimes it doesnt come on for the rest of the day, then i try again by removing the battery and putting it back and it works, please help, i only know of this problem when someone uses a wrong battery for the phone, and the battery is unable to power the phone, i am using os 4.5.055 please what can i do, do i need to downgarde the os?

Go10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    well first of all i think you could be having this problem because of the theme you are using its probably a glitchy theme and you should try changing it and doing a battery pull and since your using 4.5.0.55 i suggest you upgrade to 4.5.0.81 and that will most likely fix the problem as well as any other problems you have

i am trying to download the v4.5.0.108 version, do u think it will work

Quote Originally Posted by codedft View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Go10 View Post
    well first of all i think you could be having this problem because of the theme you are using its probably a glitchy theme and you should try changing it and doing a battery pull and since your using 4.5.0.55 i suggest you upgrade to 4.5.0.81 and that will most likely fix the problem as well as any other problems you have

Go10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    well i didnt even know there was a 4.5.0.108 for the pearl but if your phone supports it then it should work. but i do know that the 4.5.0.81 works for sure it fixed all my bugs and glitches if you upgrade and are still having the same problem then try getting a new battery but most likely the upgrade should fix things.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Its your battery

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jeffallen's right - your battery is on its last legs - order a new one.

dekay no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same problem, and I got a new battery for it and it still has the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    make sure your connectors where the battery sits are clean

blfhatboi no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey guys I'm trying 2 upgrade my software but I don't know wher 2 go can n e one help thanks!

dekay, if it has a red slash (like a do not enter sign) then the device is saying that it finds the battery incapable of charging. (if it's a lightning bolt, then it's charging, but the charge is yet too low to boot up the device). How long was your battery viable before it got into this state?

blfhatboi - you should start a new thread to report your problem.

dekay no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    dekay, if it has a red slash (like a do not enter sign) then the device is saying that it finds the battery incapable of charging. (if it's a lightning bolt, then it's charging, but the charge is yet too low to boot up the device). How long was your battery viable before it got into this state?

blfhatboi - you should start a new thread to report your problem.

It was already like half charged and I popped in the charger and its been like this since. Its a red slash btw.

Hmm....you didn't say how long it was good for. If you got a new battery and it was DOA, then you should be returning it as it's a dud. You say popped it in the charger - do you mean your device or you have a battery charger? Perhaps your charger is having an issue. (if it's been hit by a power surge, it might be faulty and shorting out your batteries on you).

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Same thing happened to my pearl long time ago, i plugged it in and for an hour that battery sign with slash was blinking. I freaked out and took the battery out and i saw acid around it and in my phone so i had to get a new battery.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...