My pearl is running very, very slow. I went to change the profile from Off ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

PLease Help

Advertisement

My pearl is running very, very slow. I went to change the profile from Off to Loud when getting out of work and I had a spinning hourglass for 5 minutes, then the backlight turned off. When I pressed a button to re-check the status there was a pop up that I wasn't able to read in time. It was one of those "Uncaught Exception" thingees.

Next I tried hitting the menu button and it did the same thing, then turned it off. Instead off calling 611 I decided to ask the techs in here "What the hecks wrong?"

The spinning hourglass has been going on every day, a battery pull fixes it but only for a half the day. The only thing I store on my phone HD is apps and a few pictures. I normally delete my messages after a day. Can somebody tell me whats wrong?

Please ASAP, I chose the guru's in here over TMO Customer Crap... I mean "Care"
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: PLease Help

Try going in and clearing your event log and if that doesn't work change your theme and then play with some apps and see if that helped any.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

Could you be running too many apps at once? That can slow things down. Close them in the menu rather than exiting back to home- screen leaving them in the background.
    Also, have you installed the latest handheld software? Sometimes even a reinstall of the same version can help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a

I know i'm not running too many apps. Someone suggested my last app download might have something to do with it. K-Dad, clearing event logs... thats the alt+LGLG, right?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yes sir, that is correct.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Oh yeah, so possibly could it be the last app I DL'd? I got it from Handago, that's a trusted site is it not?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

That is always a possibility. Sometimes they just do not install properly or they conflict with another app you may have on your BB or that you are running side-by-side with the newly DL'd app.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    That is always a possibility. Sometimes they just do not install properly or they conflict with another app you may have on your BB or that you are running side-by-side with the newly DL'd app.
    So I just cleared the event log and now all my custome alerts and ringtones have changed... is that supposed to happen?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

No, your event log has nothing to do with any of your profile or custom settings. It only clears warning and error messages that your BB has generated.

It sounds like you have other issues. I would do an OS re-install.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Never mind K-Dad... my BBs connected to the PC and charging. I guess after clearing the logs and being connected nothing on my SD was read... I disconnected it and was able to access it.

BTW, it still spun the Hourglass of Hate & Discouragement for about a minute to try and go double check my Media PLayer and Profiles. So I guess I'm going to have to try a different theme... aww... and I loved the Today PLus Theme

PIN/ID
    n/a

I did a re-install last time I was having probs... this was like a week ago. It can't be the OS. Guess it either my fav theme or I need to contact Handango and tell them to refund my bill cuz I"m deleting "Pimp My Pearl" if the Theme change doesn't work.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Try clearing your internet cache.

Browser>Menu>Options>Cache Operations>Content Cache>Clear

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i noticed this all starts when I go into my profiles either to change it from Loud to Off, or to make a change in a notification profile. I have the Today Plus theme and use the icon on the top right corner to change profile and the second I click, the hourglass comes up and spins a good while. Any reason why this would be what starts the whole BB from getting slow