Ok so I have found a ton of info on trying to download software to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stephybartsch no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help

Advertisement

Ok so I have found a ton of info on trying to download software to the pearl, but every single way of doing it has failed, well except for using the phones browser which I don't have. Since I know that the tweaks and conversions work due to the fact everyone else is able to due, I most be doing something very wrong. I know on windows mobile devices you have to app unlock the phone so you download noncertified software, is something like that I have to do with the pearl.

Just to let you know I have tried downloading a .jar file to a memory card and then download to the phone which did not work, I have tried the .jar to .alx batch files and after creating the .alx file the download manger would find it but would not install it. I am now out of ideas and have figured out I'm not smart enough so I am asking for help.

Thank you

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Please Help

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you don't have data just downlaod the zip fule and extract it into another folder to load via desktop manager.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

By chance are you on a BES? or could it be that the jar file is just not compatible with the pearl. What indications do you get that the software install fails.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Are you using the blackberry desktop manager ?

Are you using software compatible with your device ?

BB will not read Software from a memory card, only the device memory.

Please give more detail of what software you are attempting top load.

stephybartsch no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried using the desktop manager, by using the conversion programs offered on here, however after it converts the .jar to .alx, the DM will see it but when i click on the file to be added it says no files have been added.

I also used the suggestion to download the .jar file onto a memory card and open it with the media program on the phone. the phone can see the file but when you try to open it and gives an error

I have downloaded only the software that the sites say are for the pearl, but so far nothing.

So far the only thing i've tried to download are games

As for running a BES I have no idea. I installed new os 4.2 and installed the latest desktop software, but as i said I don't know alot about BB software at all.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Then I'm guessing that the jar file is incompatible with the your device. What error does it give when you try the install using media explorer?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles