If a person has a password and incorrectly enters it a couple times (with 10 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krak no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Please Help!

Advertisement

If a person has a password and incorrectly enters it a couple times (with 10 the limite before wipe) and then later changes the password or pulls the battery, has that BB owner "used up" 1 of the 10 incorrect password entries before the device is wiped. Is this feature cumulative, or does it reset after one pulls battery or changes password??

Please answer this if you can. Thanks a lot.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Please Help!

If I understand correctly, you just want to know if you have a true "limited" number of password attempts?

Nah, not really...nothin' cumulative.

Once you get the password right, the 10 count meter resets itself...so with a new password entered and a successful login/on...you have a fresh 10 count/attempt for entered password tries!

Hopefully this helps you out!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by krak
    If a person has a password and incorrectly enters it a couple times (with 10 the limite before wipe) and then later changes the password or pulls the battery, has that BB owner "used up" 1 of the 10 incorrect password entries before the device is wiped. Is this feature cumulative, or does it reset after one pulls battery or changes password??

Please answer this if you can. Thanks a lot.
    UH8ME's answer is misleading. Removing the battery does NOT change the count of incorrect passwords entered. If you've entered the wrong password twice, then pull the battery and put it back in, your next attempt to unlock the device will be 3 of 10 - NOT 1 of 10! The device will wipe all DATA after the 10th incorrect attempt, but when it comes up you will be asked to enter a NEW password and then to confirm it.

After the 5th incorrect password you will be asked to enter the word blackberry, and after that the password you enter will be displayed instead of *'s.

He is correct in that once you've entered the CORRECT password, the counter resets.
    Last edited by cp6169; 04-01-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    JerryD

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Question Re: Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    UH8ME's answer is misleading. Removing the battery does NOT change the count of incorrect passwords entered. If you've entered the wrong password twice, then pull the battery and put it back in, your next attempt to unlock the device will be 3 of 10 - NOT 1 of 10! The device will wipe all DATA after the 10th incorrect attempt, but when it comes up you will be asked to enter a NEW password and then to confirm it.

After the 5th incorrect password you will be asked to enter the word blackberry, and after that the password you enter will be displayed instead of *'s.

He is correct in that once you've entered the CORRECT password, the counter resets.
    Misleading...nah, not even close.

Never mentioned anything about a battery pull at all. But, that is neither here nor there, a common answer to the question was given and all is well.

Also, I would like to clarify that I never "pointed out" anything related to making double posts. After answering the "first" thread, I noticed one that was similar. We've all done it...especially when posting from our BB's. If your cache isn't cleared it may seem as though your post didn't "update" when in fact it really did. No big deal...it happens.

Bottom line...krak, hopefully you're question was answered and you can now press forward with the use of your device!