Hi, Please could someone advise the best set-up for me with my Pearl (absolutely cracking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

palmy100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Please advise ideal set-up.

Please could someone advise the best set-up for me with my Pearl (absolutely cracking piece of kit).

First of all there is only me in our company using a BB. Secondly we currently use MS Small Business Server with Exchange 2003 for our email (which I detest - its a pig to work on).

At the moment I have set up BIS to pick up my work email address. I also have setup Desktop Redirector for Outlook (with the Mail Connector running). I get duplicated mail and some of the "network...." emails from the RIM servers. This isn't ideal and a pain to manage on my Pearl/Outlook

Therefore what would be the best BB setup for me - I have read elsewhere to solely use BIS and to get rid of the Outlook connection. If I did this would I still see "sent" messages in my Outlook or do I have to configure up Outlook Webmail as part of my BB set-up?

I'm not thick - just not experienced with BB's and their different messaging configurations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Please advise ideal set-up.

palmy100, Welcome to PinStack.

The best way I know of to do what you want is to get rid of your Redirector and Mail connector and just use BIS to pick your messages off the server. And for the Sent Mail from your Blackberry, in BIS you can set a auto Bcc of sent mail from your BB to your work account. Or is the auto Bcc option only available with BIS 1.8. I may be wrong about the Bcc.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Please advise ideal set-up.

Hello, and welcome to the Stacks palmy100