I'm with T-Mobile running the dot64 OS. My Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth wireless headset has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

Plantronics Voyager 510 BT dropping out

Advertisement

I'm with T-Mobile running the dot64 OS.

My Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth wireless headset has been dropping out of connection lately. I've had this headset for about 3 months now. This drop out has only been happening in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Battery pulls don't seem to help.

Any ideas out ther?

Thanks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Plantronics Voyager 510 BT dropping out

When you say dropping out, do you mean it drops out during a call, or do you mean it keeps losing the BT connection even while not on a call?

When I am NOT on a call, the BT connection drops out intermittently. This has happened in my office at work as well as in my car.

The Pearl is only a few feet from my BT headset. I'm guessing some interference is causing the BT stream to get lost and drop out.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sounds like that may be the case. I would keep an eye on it. I'm assuming it re-pairs by itself after it drops out?

Most of the time it tries to reconnect after a minute or so. It's just irritating.

But I don't think anything has changed in the last several weeks.

Wait, in my car, my FM classical station went off the air. I am listening to a different FM classical radio station. That could be the problem.

I don't know what frequency Bluetooth runs on.

Or maybe it's my obsession with chili dog runs before work...

Roberth_0 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem with my 510 and bb pearl. It seems as though it started 3-4 weeks ago. Some times it will pair and some times it won't. It used to be very reliable when pairing but lately it is frustrating me. The problem is that I REALLY like the Plantronics 510 headset....the best I have seen yet and would really like to figure out what is going on with the connection being so undependable. What I have noticed is that if I get the phone ready to make a call......turn on the head set......then press call on the phone with in seconds it works.......if I wait more than 10 seconds it always seems to lose the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Robert

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Its the headset. I have a Plantronics M2500 BT that worked poorly with 4 7100 series BBs. Dropped calls left and right, as well as connection. I didn't even try to pair it with my Pearl.
    My mom has a Plantronics BT (can't think of the model) that didn't work well with a REGULAR phone (a Samsung).