Tmo rep told me that chat is considerd text messaging. This really bummed me out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

pin versus chat

Advertisement

Tmo rep told me that chat is considerd text messaging. This really bummed me out since I'm paying for the unlimited data plan and still have to pay ten cents for incoming and put messages.

You would think that txt msg would be covered. Any ideas on how to get around this such as you web based chat?

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by vidals
    Tmo rep told me that chat is considerd text messaging. This really bummed me out since I'm paying for the unlimited data plan and still have to pay ten cents for incoming and put messages.

You would think that txt msg would be covered. Any ideas on how to get around this such as you web based chat?
    BB messenger is a PIN based application similar to yahoo messenger and is free. I'm not a TMO subscriber but I've never heard anyone say they're charged for sending PIN messages.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Vidals, TMO phones come with an IM app by OZ I believe. It uses SMS for transport. I think that it what the TMO rep was refering to. If you are refering to the BBMessenger or the other IM apps that you can find for downloading, they use data, so your Plan should cover it.

Hope this help
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sublime, Yes there are versions that use data, Ramble and IM+ are just two, and then there is Yahoo Messenger for Blackberry that also uses data.

The only one that I know of that uses SMS it the OZ app on TMO.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You guys are great. Thanks for all the help. I ended up installing. Mig33.com which provides both msn and yahoo chat for free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You stackers are great! Thanks for all the help. I ended up installing mig33 which provides msn and yahoo chat. It is a free client.

bob99smith no está en línea Stack level 1

mig33 settings

I got mig33 to work with these settings. I will try it out today but it seems pretty straight forward. mig33 isn't completely compatible with BB so you need to manually update your settings

Options, Advance Options, TCP
    APN=wap.voicestream.com

now connect!

Langen no está en línea Stack level 2
    So does Gchat cost anything? Because I only use it when I absolutely need to, for fear of it using up my data.