I bought my Pearl 8110, brand new, from a reputable online retailer, intending to depend ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cookie10973 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Pin Problem

Advertisement

I bought my Pearl 8110, brand new, from a reputable online retailer, intending to depend on it for sending and receiving emails when we moved from our London place to a cottage in an Oxfordshire village where it would take us a while to get new broadband set up etc etc.
    I started using it with my Orange mobile phone SIM but then found I couldn't set it up for emails because it just tells me that my PIN number already exists. I tried, Orange tried, both on the handset and online, but always we were stymied at the log-on because we couldn't get past the 'pin number already exists' message. I'm now signed up with o2 and a BlackBerry bolt-on to my broadband package, but still can't use the Pearl because of this PIN problem. Orange told me that the PIN had somehow been registered with T-mobile. I have never knowingly had any dealings with T-mobile. A mystery?
    Is it possible either to get a new PIN number or to get it allocated back to me?
    This is so frustrating. I've had the Pearl for 6 weeks now but haven't been able to use if for anything except phone calls.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    I'm pretty sure that PIN's aer specific to the handset. Have you tried contacting TMO to see if they have any record of the handsets IMEI?

My next step would be the online retailer asking for a swap!
    Good luck and let me know
    :)