Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I went to view my pictures in Media- Pictures- Device Memory and only 1 picture ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Pictures disappeared

Advertisement

I went to view my pictures in Media- Pictures- Device Memory and only 1 picture was there. I had a ton before. So I went to my address book and looked at my friends who have a picture caller ID, and I could see the picture there. But all the pictures disappeared in my folder except for one. I tried a few resets and they still didn't appear. Anyone know what happened? I did a search and I couldn't find anyone with this problem..
    ~Lauren

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Pictures disappeared

your prob ran really low on memory. you can buy a cheap micsro sd card so you can make sure they never get deleted again if you run low on memory.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

gleh is right you want to get an card its always nice to have extra storage.

but I have a suggestion try connecting your bb to your pc and search for your pics using the media manager that may help you locate your pics!

Good luck!

I do have a 2GB memory card. And I have a ton of device memory too. I plugged in my BB and only 1 pic is in Media Manager

Is it possible to restore them?
    ~Lauren

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like the got deleted somehow. If they were there once and are gone now (same location) that's the only think I can think of, unless you moved them to the card without knowing it (check the card). Also if you had a "ton" of pix in the device memory you probably didn't have a "Ton" of device memory too. I always store my pix on the card. The icons for caller ID pix are stored separately.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

They weren't moved to my card unfortunatley. I didn't know that they could get deleted. My old phones never did this. From now on I will store all my pics to my card. Is there no way to retrieve the pics that disappeared. Maybe from a previous backup I have done? Or do the pictures not get backed up?
    ~Lauren

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Well that is a Puzzle. I have all mine on the Memory card and set the Reserved Picture memory on the device to 0, that frees up some memory for the phone to use
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

All my pictures that I lost where pictures taken with my Pearl's camera, and then stored into the folders. I didn't put them on my 2GB card unfortunatley.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    All my pictures that I lost where pictures taken with my Pearl's camera, and then stored into the folders. I didn't put them on my 2GB card unfortunatley.

Wow that is too bad. you have the camera set to save them to the Card by default now right?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I just changed it so they automatically save on my media card. I wish I knew this 2 months ago, but oh well.

Is there anyway to get my pictures back, maybe with a restore? Or are they gone forever?
    Last edited by lauren25; 12-17-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Open the camera, if you have never done this since putting in the Memory card it will ask you if you want to, If not in camera, hit the menu key got to options, in options set store pictures to memory card.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

If you've backed up the phone before you lost all the picutres (but after you took the pictures obviously) then you should be able to retrieve them by loading the backup file.

Thank you for all the help and responses everyone.

Surfanimal, I did backup my phone with all my pictures on it. Which backup file is it? The only one that seemed relevent was "camera options". but im not sure.
    ~Lauren

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Just connect your BB to DM and run restore using the most recent backup where you had the pictures. See if this restores them. If it does, immediately save them to your sd card to prevent deletion again.

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

The thing is they weren't saved on my most recent back-up. I want to use an old back-up but I don't want to back up everything, just my pictures. But I don't know what file that is saved to in the back-up..
    ~Lauren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast