I just got a unlocked BB 8120 At&t branded phone. Everything works great on it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MERTEN no está en línea Stack level 1

Picture messaging help!

Advertisement

I just got a unlocked BB 8120 At&t branded phone. Everything works great on it except that i can't send pictures (i can receive them though)
    There's no option for it and i'm at a loss for what I'm supposed to do. I'm on T-mobile and since i'm using a at&t branded phone my friend suggested that i download the t-mobile version os and install it on the bb.

can anyone shed some light on if that will work or how to fix my problem?

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have an 8120 with tmobile. When you are in the message menu it should have a compose mms option. After you click on that the go to the menu again and go down to attach pic. Or from the media menu, find your pic to send and click on it, then scroll down to send as mms. If these options are not there then I would agree to download the tmobile version of the os 4.5. Good luck!

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Try getting the Tmo service books pushed out, first do an HRT reset, go to Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the BB button and select Register Now, THEN from the homescreen go to the Setup Folder, then Email Setup, then Sign on, then press the BB button, and select Service Books, then Send Service Books. Then do a battery pull, and you should be ok. Worst case you may need to call your provider and have them push out the service books.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Quote Originally Posted by MERTEN View Post
    I just got a unlocked BB 8120 At&t branded phone. Everything works great on it except that i can't send pictures (i can receive them though)
    There's no option for it and i'm at a loss for what I'm supposed to do. I'm on T-mobile and since i'm using a at&t branded phone my friend suggested that i download the t-mobile version os and install it on the bb.

can anyone shed some light on if that will work or how to fix my problem?
    Hello Marten! If you can receive but not send MMS on your GSM device, and you are using OS 4.5 or newer, then you need to do a simple battery pull to cold boot the device. If that doesn't work, then re-install the OS. Two notes: There is no difference between the Tmo and AT&T OS, they are the same dog. 2: If you have OS 4.5 or newer you do not need "service books" or even a data plan to MMS. Have fun!