is there a way to have a bigger picture for caller id? even on my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lilme08 no está en línea Stack level 2

Picture Caller ID

Advertisement

is there a way to have a bigger picture for caller id? even on my prev phone the pic was a nice size. i have a pearl 8110. also what size is the picture on the curve? or is this just a standard size for blackberry?

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    not natively on the RIM os, no. there may be some software out there that does this - but i haven't seen any clean implementations thus far. its always crappy, overpriced software that half way does the job.

its standard size on all the BBs i believe..

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    good question...i was just wondering that!...i think it would be nice for a wallpaper of the picture id to pop up when a call comes in...too bad i'm not a programmer...i could make millions off that software!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by syn92 View Post
    good question...i was just wondering that!...i think it would be nice for a wallpaper of the picture id to pop up when a call comes in...too bad i'm not a programmer...i could make millions off that software!
    The problem would be that the cropped photo saved as a caller ID pic is so small, if you tried to blow it up to screen-size, the picture would be distorted.

Maybe the images could be tiled on the screen, although I think that would be tough to look at.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    The problem would be that the cropped photo saved as a caller ID pic is so small, if you tried to blow it up to screen-size, the picture would be distorted.

Maybe the images could be tiled on the screen, although I think that would be tough to look at.
    but when you take a pic it looks good @ full screen on the bb. there is no reason, unless its a speed of rendering issue, why the full screen pic couldn't pop up and just have the call info pop up as an overlay (instead of a freaking postage stamp pic).

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    right...if you can program caller id to crop/reduce the pics, couldn't you just program it to enlarge it?