My g/f and I have an 8800 and 8100 respectively. We send each other pics ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)

Pics via BB Msgr

Advertisement

My g/f and I have an 8800 and 8100 respectively. We send each other pics from time to time via BB messenger. Since the screen sizes are different she gets my pics normal but hers come in all stretched out to fit my screen and... Well they suck.
    If I save a pic, it saves @ lowest res which I think sucks too, but it is not stretched.

How can this be fixed so that pics from any 83xx device to my 8100 come out 1:1 when I click to view prior to saving??

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-25-2008 at 07:10 PM.

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    With the picture open, can you push the menu button and try selecting fit to screen?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Have her change the resolution on her pics.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    my husband and I have some problems with pics too. we both have 8330s and when we send via mssgr some of them come out real grainy while others dont, we havent really figured out why, we have our settings identical.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I think BBM lowers the quality of the pic in order to be under a file size or to send it fast. Not sure why. Instead my hubby and I either use Bluetooth or email to send the pictures, the quality is much better than via BBM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Wonder if carriers matter? She has AT&T and I'm on TMO. Prob not since its not even going thru the carrier.
    I think we tried changing res on her side since her largest size is one up from the 8100 largest. We'll try again and I'll post results.

To answer pniko_07, when I open the pic to view it and then try options (either via option key or trackball) my only choice is 'Close'.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did adjustment of resolution do the trick?

PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    I'll def try the next time I get my hands on her 8300. She may not be home till late tonight tho.....

PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Oh wow I just realized that I wrote 8800 model in my first post.
    My apologies everyone, she has the 8300 and I have the 8100. Sorry

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    I think BBM lowers the quality of the pic in order to be under a file size or to send it fast. Not sure why. Instead my hubby and I either use Bluetooth or email to send the pictures, the quality is much better than via BBM.

how do you send pix via bluetooth? i try but it never connects...i tried sending my gurl a pic thru BBM and i get the same results all you do...real bad quality pix...(on the other hand, sending the pic as MMS, come out great) i wanna use bluetooth but i guess i dont know wut im doing when it comes to that. i know you could send music like that too, but i have no clue...can sumone inform me?