Hello there... I just got a blackberry 8100 few weeks ago with tmobile and i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ketan no está en línea Stack level 1

Pic Msgin

Advertisement

Hello there...
    I just got a blackberry 8100 few weeks ago with tmobile and i have unlimited pic and text msgs... i am not able to send or receive pic msgs... i do get text msgs... i called tmobile and they told me that i have to have blackberry package to do that... is that true?? is there any ways i can still do pic msging cuz im paying for it?
    thanks,
    ketan

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Pic Msgin

have you tried to send one to yourself, from your pearl?

i read a few days ago that is the way some of the tmo people got their mms to work...by first sending one to themselves...

::edit::
    yes it is true that you need mms service books to be able to send mms and without the data plan, you can't send them yourself. you *might* be able to get a tmo employee to send the mms service books alone. i really can't be for sure, as i am cing/att.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-22-2007 at 07:41 PM.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Quote Originally Posted by ketan
    Hello there...
    I just got a blackberry 8100 few weeks ago with tmobile and i have unlimited pic and text msgs... i am not able to send or receive pic msgs... i do get text msgs... i called tmobile and they told me that i have to have blackberry package to do that... is that true?? is there any ways i can still do pic msging cuz im paying for it?
    thanks,
    ketan
    I think that you should try out what Cherri suggested first, it sound interesting although I've never heard of people doing that.

If that doesn't work then yes, you would need the data plan in order to send/recieve MMS.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

even with a pic msging plan, you need BIS or BES for data to work on blackberry. basically without a data plan you just have a smart texting device.

-edit-

cherri's edit gives the further details.
    Last edited by blackninja; 04-22-2007 at 07:44 PM.

karipom no está en línea Stack level 2

My husband is a manager for T-Mobile. He said that it is true that you need the blackberry internet service. When you send a picture message through a blacberry, it sends through the web service.