So, I took a picture with my Pearl then I plugged it to copy the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

liquinas no está en línea Stack level 1

Photos too large > System Crash?

Advertisement

So, I took a picture with my Pearl then I plugged it to copy the file over to my PC to Photoshop the brightness & contrast , then copy it back to the phone. Simple enough... Except now every time try to open up MEDIA (or even boot my phone with the SD card inserted) the system freezes up.

For curiosity's sake I tried emailing myself the picture, only to get a warning that it is a large file, if I download it and save it onto my pictures folder I get the same issue (crash).

Taking a regular picture with my Pearl's camera saves it as a 500-600KB pic, and the photoshoped pic is 480kb which is smaller than some of the shots that are already sitting there on my SD card.

Any particular reason why the camera gets to save 600kb pics but I can't copy one without crashing? Is my microSD busted? (I tried reformatting)

Anything I can do?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That file size should not be an issue, could be the card. I would try another card, and try other files. Does it do that with any pic you edit or just that one, maybe there is something weird with that particular file.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Yeah unmodified pics from 3 different other cameras have the same effect (I checked color profiles, resolution, image modes...nothin)

I was able to get the pic onto the device memory - Card's gotta be busted