Im new with BBs. Being used to motorolas i miss the ability to choose a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

Phonebook Question

Advertisement

Im new with BBs. Being used to motorolas i miss the ability to choose a phone number as main number when a contact had more than one, regardless of the order in which i sasved then. Now with my BB i have to look up the contact, press send, then choose which number i want it to dial. It was much simpler before, nvm the moto speed dial that let dial directly my contact by pressing its phonebook location (ex. 254#send). Is there any way to something like that and still have my contacts number organised? because i know i could save their cell as a work number and that would place it first, but i was wondering if there was another way around it.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Phonebook Question

you could just make the # you call the most as a speed dial #

to do that you click phone from the home screen, highlight the number you're looking for, click menu button and click add speed dial
    Last edited by mudshovel; 07-13-2007 at 11:31 AM.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm also interested in this. I have called my buddies parents because I have their house as a home number for him.

How can I set default numbers?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I'm w/ Mudshovel, you can set up @ least 12 1-touch speed dials on your pearl. Its an otion from the menu when you are looking in a specific contact or you can do it using the menu key from your call log.

PIN/ID
    205B2C28

thats the thing, ive already toped my speed dial list. The problem is when i want to call some1 else, if i have several numbers on that contact, i have to scroll down to the cell phone number. I migth have to add i have free minutes to cell calls, so i mostly dial cell numbers, but i dont want to save phone numbers as work number in order to skip a step in the dialing process

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Usually I do this: From the home screen, just start typing a name, when you see it, click, and it will ask you which number you want to dial. either that or the voice dial works surprisingly well, I just hit it and say call firstname lastname mobile.

fritillaria no está en línea Stack level 2

On a similar note, i really miss being able to look up contacts by nickname from my phone. e.g., i'd like to be able to open the phone and type in 'mom' and have her home # come up (not her work #). But that doesn't work because I can only access her number by her name...and her work # is the default. yes, I can do the speed dial thing, but again, that maxes out pretty quickly.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Fernando, try voice dialing. It is the best mobile voice recognition I've ever seen, truly top notch.

Press the button then say 'Call [First Name] [Last Name] [Number Type]'

Number type is Home, Mobile, or Work.

Even if it has trouble understanding you, it will provide the closest three matches to what it heard. You can also say 'Call [xxx-xxx-xxxx]' and it will dial the numerical format of any number you speak.

PIN/ID
    205B2C28

i guess i will be starting to voice dialing more often, specially when in a rush. It would be a good improvement for BBs to be able to choose the order in which the numbers appear, as you can do on outlook. The changes on outlook wont change the settng on the BB.