i got everything up and working i downloaded the new software but when i connect ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

christianont no está en línea Stack level 2

phone wont upgrade to new os!!

Advertisement

i got everything up and working i downloaded the new software but when i connect my phone to computer the application doesnt say theres a new update for my phone

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: phone wont upgrade to new os!!

did you delete the vendor file and install the OS to your pc?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cruro02 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having exactly the same problem - trying to upgrade my unlocked Pearl from 4.2.103 to 4.2.168 (Optus). Install 4.2.168 upgrade to PC - deleted the vendor.xml file - connect phone and start DM - no upgrade. The previous upgrade to the phone worked fine - but this time - no go.. anyone got any ideas??

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ in my case I had to delete the older os for the upgrade to work. Hope this helps

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by cruro02 View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem - trying to upgrade my unlocked Pearl from 4.2.103 to 4.2.168 (Optus). Install 4.2.168 upgrade to PC - deleted the vendor.xml file - connect phone and start DM - no upgrade. The previous upgrade to the phone worked fine - but this time - no go.. anyone got any ideas??
    Your steps seem correct. Sometimes I have to start the Application Loader to make the DM look at the phone software and start the OS to upgrade.

Sometimes I have to start the Application Loader to make the DM look at the phone software and start the OS to upgrade.
    Tried that - no luck. On one occasion it looked like it was doing something, but then came back with something about a newer version already on the phone - I checked but the phone was 4.2.103 and what I am trying to install is 4.2.168 - unless my counting skills have completely deserted me 168 is higher than 103...

in my case I had to delete the older os for the upgrade to work.
    - not 100% sure what you mean by that - delete from the phone? - how? - delete from the PC - tried that...

I'm a 30 year veteran in the IT industry and I can't even upgrade the OS on a phone - the shame of it all....

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by cruro02 View Post
    Tried that - no luck. On one occasion it looked like it was doing something, but then came back with something about a newer version already on the phone - I checked but the phone was 4.2.103 and what I am trying to install is 4.2.168 - unless my counting skills have completely deserted me 168 is higher than 103...

- not 100% sure what you mean by that - delete from the phone? - how? - delete from the PC - tried that...

I'm a 30 year veteran in the IT industry and I can't even upgrade the OS on a phone - the shame of it all....

One thing that might be the problem, 4.2.168 is the package version you're downloading, which is a little different than the OS version. The OS version within the Optus package is actually 4.2.101. So the reason why your PC isn't upgrading is it probably sees your OS at .103 and decides there is nothing to upgrade.

The only OS out there newer than yours is T-Mo's .107, according to Techrishon's updated thread.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 11-01-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: adding hyperlink
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

One thing that might be the problem, 4.2.168 is the package version you're downloading, which is a little different than the OS version. The OS version within the Optus package is actually 4.2.101. So the reason why your PC isn't upgrading is it probably sees your OS at .103 and decides there is nothing to upgrade.
    Ok - Now that's just plain embarrassing - I assumed the OS version and the package version were the same....

The only OS out there newer than yours is T-Mo's .107,
    Looks like you need a valid T-Mo phone number to get to the .107 version.... guess I'll just have to wait...

Thanks for the input and for putting me straight on th eOS vs. the package business - appreciated.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Any time, any time. Thats what the stacks are for...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.