Results 1 to 11 of 11

Hello. Ok, I know the phone's screen doesn't wake up when a message is sent ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    sweetness781's Avatar
    sweetness781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    23EDD59C
    Posts
    18

    Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Advertisement



    Hello. Ok, I know the phone's screen doesn't wake up when a message is sent to your phone. Only wakes up when calls are coming in. Is there such a program that will wake up the phone when some sends you a text?!

  2. #2
    Lowrider's Avatar
    Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Mine wakes up if the wind blows, drives me nutz!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

  3. #3
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    What do you want it to do when it wakes up? Go to the message screen?

    If so, not sure this is the fix you want, but any of the BB OEM leather holsters will perform that function for you. When the phone is in the holster, it is in sleep mode. When you remove the phone from the holster after getting a message, it wakes up and goes directly to the incoming message.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

  4. #4
    poloimposter's Avatar
    poloimposter no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    240DB952
    Posts
    21

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    thats an awesome holster its the blackberry branded one i have it i def recommend it

  5. #5
    sweetness781's Avatar
    sweetness781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    23EDD59C
    Posts
    18

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    What do you want it to do when it wakes up? Go to the message screen?

    If so, not sure this is the fix you want, but any of the BB OEM leather holsters will perform that function for you. When the phone is in the holster, it is in sleep mode. When you remove the phone from the holster after getting a message, it wakes up and goes directly to the incoming message.
    thanks.. but i have a holster. i want the screen to light up when i receive a message when i have the phone out of the holster. i don't think it's possible, but just making sure!

  6. #6
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Do you have a profile that you use most often? i.e. Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, etc?

    Go to the Profiles Menu, scroll down and click on Advanced.

    Scroll to the Profile you use most often, click the Menu Button. Then Click Edit.

    Scroll down to SMS Text and click on it. Make sure the Out of Holster settings are set to "Tone" That should wake it up when it is out of the holster.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

  7. #7
    staindone's Avatar
    staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    Posts
    153
    Or you could just download pocket day. There's a setting in there to make your screen turn on when you receive a text or email.

  8. #8
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by staindone
    Or you could just download pocket day. There's a setting in there to make your screen turn on when you receive a text or email.
    What's pocket day? This is the first time I've heard of it.

  9. #9
    sweetness781's Avatar
    sweetness781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    23EDD59C
    Posts
    18

    Thumbs up Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by staindone
    Or you could just download pocket day. There's a setting in there to make your screen turn on when you receive a text or email.
    WHOA! this program is off the hook! good looking out!!

  10. #10
    staindone's Avatar
    staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    What's pocket day? This is the first time I've heard of it.
    http://www.crossriversystems.com/pdota.htmThere's the ota download.its a 30 day trial to see if you like it. Basically its an organizer with weather and alerts.its a really useful program.

  11. #11
    sweetness781's Avatar
    sweetness781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    23EDD59C
    Posts
    18

    Re: Phone Waking Up When Msg Sent To Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by staindone
    http://www.crossriversystems.com/pdota.htmThere's the ota download.its a 30 day trial to see if you like it. Basically its an organizer with weather and alerts.its a really useful program.
    did you download pocketday lists?! i can't seem to make a list. i can make categories, but i can't but lists in the categories. what the?!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •