I love this little phone, but today there is an icon that won't go away. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MissLiviDoll no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone w/plus sign icon won't go away

Advertisement

I love this little phone, but today there is an icon that won't go away. It is the phone icon with a plus sign. I deleted every text, call, and email I had in the phone, and its still there, short of throwing it against the wall, I'm not sure what else to do...please help me.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Phone w/plus sign icon won't go away

usually if you just go into your call log it goes off the screen. if that didn't work, try taking the battery out...if that doesn't work - i have NO idea.

MissLiviDoll no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Phone w/plus sign icon won't go away

I tried all of those things. Its just not working. What is wierd is that at first, it had the phone icon, but there was no red asterick on the actual phone option. If you have a missed call or something, or even a missed email, it will put that red asterick there. Except, there was no red asterick. THen about 4 hours later, the red asterick appeared. The thing is, I deleted EVERYTHING form my call log, and my email logs, incoming and outgoing. THere is only one thing I can't delete and that is a saved message that I can't figure out how to unsave.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

MissLiviDoll, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't know if it works the same way on the Pearl but try going to the Message List, press the V key or open the menu and select View Saved Messages. Are the any unread Messages in the Saved List? If so scroll to it and open the Menu. Select Mark Read. If that doesn't work. From the Messages List, open the menu, select View Folders. Scroll to Call Log and look for unread messages again.

To delete a saved message, again view the saved messages, scroll to the message you want to delete and open the menu. Select Delete. That should allow you to delete the message.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mmmitch no está en línea Stack level 2

The exact thing happened to me, my missed call sign wont go away. Im just going to get a new phone since i have warranty. Maybe you should try that.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just do a wipe from the handheld and that should do it, but please do a backup first!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~unfortunately there are only two ways to get the icon to go away successfully. This is to either a: wipe the phone and reinstall your current os like rayz said...or b: upgrade your os...I'm not sure why it does this...but it will not go away unless you do one of the above.