I have a Pearl, use T Mobile. Can someone tell me what the benefit is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Phone Unlocking

Advertisement

I have a Pearl, use T Mobile. Can someone tell me what the benefit is to unlock the phone if any? It's my understanding that the unlock only benefits you if you are looking to switch carriers. Is there anything else that would make someone want to unlock?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Phone Unlocking

if you travel internationally....out of the US.
    its also a 'selling' point if/when you ever want to sell it to upgrade of course, to a newer one

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    if you travel internationally....out of the US.
    its also a 'selling' point if/when you ever want to sell it to upgrade of course, to a newer one
    I gotcha, thank you... I figured it was something along those lines for resale.
    Possibly you can answer one other question... There is a program that I had and accidentally removed from my desktop manager and out of the phone itself. It's called Shop Majic...do you happen to know the link for this??
    Thanks for your help!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

huh ^^ never heard of it. you spelling it right? did you download it here? what's it do?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    huh ^^ never heard of it. you spelling it right? did you download it here? what's it do?
    Actually, I had found it. Went to Handango.. Thanks though... Funny thing about tial apps, you can always just reload them via desktop manager after the trial period. I know, I know... I'm cheap.