I have had my Pearl for about a month now and just recently discovered (on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Phone switches from "stand-by" to "key lock"

Advertisement

I have had my Pearl for about a month now and just recently discovered (on here, of course) what stand-by is... I thought I'd use that instead of key-lock, as it seemed a much better option. But something weird is going on... I'll set the phone on stand-by by pressing the mute button at the top of the phone and for a few minutes everything works as expected i.e. the phone does not respond if any keys are pressed... However, if a key is pressed after a couple of minutes of the phone being in stand-by mode, I get a white screen for a split-second and then the screen that usually comes on when the phone is in key lock mode! I tried doing a battery pull sevreal times but I'm still having the same problem... Is there some sort of setting I should be adjusting or what?!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Phone switches from "stand-by" to "key lock"

Only OS .42 has this problem from what I hear. Go to options >> status >> and you'll see what operating system you're using. To fix it, upgrade the OS which can be found:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_carrier.html

Either upgrade to .64 on Tmobile, or Cingular. =)

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I think if you just go to options>security options>general settings and then set password to disabled then it will fix your problem.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Let us know how it goes

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    Only OS .42 has this problem from what I hear. Go to options >> status >> and you'll see what operating system you're using. To fix it, upgrade the OS which can be found:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_carrier.html

Either upgrade to .64 on Tmobile, or Cingular. =)
    I'm on Rogers and they haven't released OS .64... I read that this OS also solves the issue with the ringer stopping whenever the trackball is moved. Is it ok to put another carrier's OS on the BB?! Mind you, I'm a newbie, so if that's a silly uestion please don't laugh too hard!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, it's ok to put another carrier's OS on your BB. I'm on Tmobile and I'm using a Cingular .71 OS. It does solve the trackball silencing ringer problem, as well as solves the delay in answering calls.