For some unknown reason I am unable to hear a ring tone or phone tune ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

howly23 no está en línea Stack level 1

phone ringer issue

Advertisement

For some unknown reason I am unable to hear a ring tone or phone tune when i am recieving a call. I have my speaker set to normal yet it seems to be on mute. does anyone have any bright ideas. thanx

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: phone ringer issue

Maybe try using a different ringtone, or try an old trick, battery pull for 30sec

howly23 no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried the pull out method,.. but let me tell you that doesn't work all the time.hahah.jk. anyways. I have realized that it is actually my speaker which has shut off. I tried to play some songs from the player just to see if it was a ring problem but not even my songs could be heard. the phone was in my pocket so I know that i didnt drop it or break the speaker. Im wondering if there is a speaker shut off button i might have pressed.help please.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I dont know of any btns to shut it off or turn it off/on. It might be a hardware issue then. If u have a warranty, it should cover it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

howly23, What OS is running on your BB? There was a problem with the first OS from T-mobiile that with a certain situation caused the Sound to quit. It has been cured in later OS versions. I wonder if this is the problem, or if you have a different one.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

When in doubt go with the obvious....have you tried pressing the MUTE button on the top of the phone?

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go into profiles put ringer to loud then scroll down to advance press the TBall scroll down to normal press menu key select edit you are going to see browser, I'm etc scroll down to phone press menu button it should open the profile make sure that it does not say mute and put ringer to high! Hope I m not late with this info!

polscigeek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

are you a t-mobile user? i'm having some ringtone issues with my t mobile 8100. the bb tech guys said they "think" there is an issue with the "my favs" software" and the 8100. my ringtones don't work, it'll always play my default ringer, won't ring, or will ring but won't show the person's name--even though they are in my phone book. i believe that they are working on a fix for my issue. not really sure why you are simply not ringing. if you're a t mobile customer with my favs that is prob the cause of the issue. good luck with that.