Hey guys, It's been a bit. Basically I have the latest Rogers software already on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Primus76 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Phone resetting

Advertisement

Hey guys,

It's been a bit. Basically I have the latest Rogers software already on the phone and have had it for some time. I am a Rogers customer so that's all good. Last night I plugged my phone into my laptop to top off the battery and this morning when I disconnected it, it keeps going into a reboot sequence. Red light comes on, screen goes black, comes back on to main screen and detects network, red light comes on, screen goes black, hour glass, rogers logo, security verification and detects network, rinse and repeat.

I have no new software installed for a while now.. and the kicker is.. if i put it back on the usb cable it's happy and stays on. I also tried a battery pull for 2 mins and it just keeps doing this.

Am I looking at an overloaded battery???

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB 8120(wap.pinstack.com)~

My 8120 from TMobile did the same thing last month. I just let it sit for a day (I have a backup 8100 for this purpose) and about 10 hours later it rebooted on its own and works fine now. Mine was because my 8120 didn't like an application I installed which was removed right after this episode.

Primus76 no está en línea Stack level 2
    well I went to the rogers store and picked up a new battery for 60$ after I placed the new (uncharged) battery in it and it didn't restart. I left it on for a bit in store and it stayed powered. I put in my old fully charged battery and it immediately started the restart sequence on first boot.

I also picked up a car charger so it could charge while i was visiting. The battery is at full life and is stable however it has restarted twice so far but quite a bit of time in between episodes. I don't know if i should take the battery back or not. Thinking back over the past week or so I have noticed that even after I've locked the phone, at times when I pull it out of the holster it will be at the 'call log' screen or 'messages' screen which shouldn't happen unless it had *+send pushed. Also last night I pulled it out of the holster to discover it was on a call for 35 minutes and I always lock it before i put it away. I'm starting to think that it is rebooting and after it reboots the keys are free and that is what I'm running into now.

Not sure what to do now.