sometimes I'll have my pearl 8100 in my pocket and someone calls, but if I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jav100 no está en línea Stack level 1

phone picks up incoming calls while in my pocket by accident

Advertisement

sometimes I'll have my pearl 8100 in my pocket and someone calls, but if I move or happen to be sitting, it sometimes actually answers the calls without me knowing, allowing others to potentially eavesdrop.

any suggested fixes, solutions? (i've searched the forum a few times and couldnt find a thing)

thanks

i forgot to ask, it seems that multiple buttons can answer a call... such as the trackball, the green button, the red button (i think), the enter button (bottom right corner).. anyway to restrict this, or force someone to unlock the phone (which I have enabled now) so that a few different key strokes are needed before the call is answered

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Buy a holster for your beloved berry

Or

Auto lock the phone, but you would have to unlock it before every call

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just lock the keypad when I have it in my bag or pocket. Then I just hit * and the send button to unlock it. Pretty Simple... With Auto lock you have to put in a password and if you mess up your password you could wipe your phone.

i have autolock on

i have autolock and the phone still will pick up a call if an *incoming* call is coming on... i've also tried standby mode with autolock and if you press the enter key, or the keys i mentioned earlier, the phone still picks up the call

i want it so that i have to press certain keys to unlock the phone to answer a call,so when its in my pocket, it doesn't automatically answer because one button was pressed

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well at least it doesn't make calls without your knowledge. You can try using the stand by button at the top of your BB, many like it

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    what os are you on? earlier versions let the trackball moving answer the phone. rim fixed this issue with the later versions. someone chime in on this as far as which os fixed this issue
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Your right that if you click the trackball it will answer the call even if your on auto lock

I would suggest getting a Holster to place your beloved Berry in. That way that won't happen

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have auto lock, plus password protection. And since I put my BB in my pocket I put it on standby mode.. Prevents me from calling or entering the wrong password. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~