Hi all, Another newbie to BB and this MB now. Got my 8100 a few ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

endzone no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204F91D3

Question Phone OS wiped... Help Anyone?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Another newbie to BB and this MB now. Got my 8100 a few days ago and wow, I love it. BUT... I have had a nightmare with getting it connected to the data network (I use O2 in the UK). After several calls they told me I needed to register the phone on the o2email website AND update the phone by downloading the latest OS from the O2 BB site. Did both, then connected the phone to my PC. Desktop manager said that there were updates that needed to be installed, so far so good. I ticked the boxes and off it went to update the phone. All seemed to be going OK but an error message came up at the end saying that the desktop manager could not restore my settings and to do it manually. Again no problem. I then looked at the phone and all I have on the screen is a circle with a line through it and the screen stays permanently on. No keys work.

Now I am not a technical novice so I know this is pretty terminal and I guess that something has gone badly wrong during the upgrade process and the OS got wiped. Question is does anyone here know how to get into the phone to reload the OS manually or am I gonna have to fight wit O2 again to get it replaced?

Sorry for the long post

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

Re: Phone OS wiped... Help Anyone?

main thing dont panic i was in your boat once follow this link and do what it says word for word this should help
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...light=flashing
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

welcome to pinstack
    its kind of the problem i had when i updated.
    but i tried this i took out the battery and waited for about 2mins.
    then put in the battery and it startup with the white screen and then loads the os but you contact,email,messanger settings will be gone so you have to restore them.
    by loading the desktop manger and clicking advanced restore backup and restore the stuff.
    thats what i did and after that did another cold reboot (take the battery out and put it back in) and works fine.
    Death is only the beginning

PIN/ID
    204F91D3

Hi, thanks for the advice but I already tried that with no luck. I'll try the link on the first post and see how I get on.

PIN/ID
    204F91D3

Quote Originally Posted by richardrblc
    main thing dont panic i was in your boat once follow this link and do what it says word for word this should help
    Ok, I'll give it a shot.

PIN/ID
    204F91D3

Hmm. No luck. DM or the PC wont recognise the phone connection via USB! Any more ideas?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

O2 should not have sold you a phone which has software loaded that is incompatible with their network!!

Take it back and demand a replacement based on that premise!

lightsoutlon no está en línea Stack level 2

Seems as though O2 are as crap as Vodafone. Why are these companies selling products their frontline staff are unable to support?

PIN/ID
    204F91D3

Well thanks for you help but I've had no luck with this. I think I am going to have to fight with O2 for a replacement.