So I was given an 8100 that was locked to t-mo as a present, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ludlamtheory no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone OS update carrier switching q?

Advertisement

So I was given an 8100 that was locked to t-mo as a present, I unlocked it, and am now using it with my at&t plan, but my question is, If i want to update the OS, should I use the at&t one now, or would that mess up the phone since the update site for at&t specifies that the update is for an 8100c, but mine is just an 8100, but if i upgrade the t-mo stuff, I wouldnt need all the software that would come with it

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    you can install whatever carriers OS you want, you just have to delete the vendor.xml file and you will good

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    so if i have At&t i could get T-Mobile Os?

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes. I have a TMO 8100, same as you. I have had AT&T, Rogers, TMO installed & working ...to a certain degree. The problem lies in the fact that updates past 4.2.0.64 are a bit problematic because they are, apparently, designed for devices with later mfr dates than mine (mine is 1.5 yrs old). Rogers worked the best (4.2.0.94), but any 4.2.1.xx was highly problematic. Things worked/didnt work on a whim. I finally reverted to .64, since there really is very_little_reason to update. There just isn't much that's really new.

If you have better luck, I hope you will remember to contact me with your exact update method. All six updates on my device have been more problem than they were worth.

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    i wanted to know cause i have a friend that has a tmobile pearl and i like the os on it better that that of my At&t pearl.