my phone is on rogers w/o any special data plans like email... i dont want ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

charles_316 no está en línea Stack level 1

phone on rogers with no data plan - fees?

Advertisement

my phone is on rogers w/o any special data plans like email... i dont want any extra features except for sms and regular phone functions.

i just bought this phone from a friend so as far as rogers is concerned, they think i still have a razr...

should i call them and let them know i have a pearl now and to disallow any data? or is it ok not to say anything and just continue - will they charge me for anything? any data in background i dont know about?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: phone on rogers with no data plan - fees?

You should be fine Charles. If you don't have an active data plan you can't receive data. If you go under your Options>Network>Turn Data Services to OFF then you won't have any worries then.

Good Luck
    ~red
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-25-2007 at 02:30 AM.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

you have nothing to worry about. that is the beauty of GSM.

MacWebDev no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

As long as you're not using the data (email / web / BB Messenger) you're safe.

Beware that if you decide to use it one day, you'll want to add a data plan. It gets very expensive (I think it works out to $50/Mb) if you use data without a plan.

If you're paranoid (like me) you can call customer service and have them disable data on your line. It's a safety net for me as I regularly hand my phone to friends to use and some of them aren't too savvy... change settings and go online without realizing it. You can always remove the data block and add a plan in the future if you change your mind.